Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you still have confidence in Dick Knight?

Do you still have confidence in Dick Knight?

• Yes

Votes: 124 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 17 12.1%

• Total voters

Stoaty Ferret

Jul 11, 2003
Brighton
We have the best chairman in the whole league, and the last few years have been a rollercoaster ride most clubs would dream of. We are bloody lucky to have Dick and Martin Perry.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I sometime wonder whether DK has the ability and vision to tke to a premiership level, but thats purely because he rightly insists on a steady viable ship being steered, and he will not give up that for a year of glory, if we get there I hope it'll be in a viable and sustainable way, say like Charlton, not like Pompey.

whether that is possible without relinquishing control to investors I'm not sure about, Dick may be comfortably wealthy in person but to buy your way to the top like Blackburn/Wolves you need shed loads !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Good point in giving Martin Perry (A DK recruit) a mention because I'm convinced that without his expertise the Falmer bid wouldn't have been anywhere near as good as it is.

All of the doubters never offer any alternatives-merely the usual "f*** off Dick Tight" or "f*** off Potless". :rolleyes: :shootself

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
E Block Ernie said:
£2million to strengthen the team :salute:

Read Build a Bonfire for the real truth - Tosser !!!!

The 2mil was quoted based on what Archer said the accounts were like - the real accounts turned out to be somewhat different. :salute: :censored:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
I have almost complete faith in him.

(was)DBS

Jul 24, 2003
Southwick
me too without him we would be :angel:

E Block Ernie

Jul 5, 2003
Jenny's Star Bar
Westdene Seagull said:
Read Build a Bonfire for the real truth - Tosser !!!!

The 2mil was quoted based on what Archer said the accounts were like - the real accounts turned out to be somewhat different. :salute: :censored:

It is called due dilligence, would you buy a business and make sweeping statements without checking the books yourself first ?
Thanks for reminding me and I'll put this down as another reason not to trust Potless.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You're right Ernie - i wish he hadn't bought the club 'cause then we would be

err

uhm

f***ed ! :salute:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
E Block Ernie said:
It is called due dilligence, would you buy a business and make sweeping statements without checking the books yourself first ?
Thanks for reminding me and I'll put this down as another reason not to trust Potless.

You need to live in the real world. The figures quoted were in good faith against what appeared to be true and honest accounts.

The fact that once the club had been saved it was discovered Archer had cooked the books, made money disappear and had been generally dishonest ( allegedly ) meant that the original figures had to be altered.

Of course if you want to mortgage your house and invest the proceeds in the club feel free to step forward ..... you even state the condition that it all goes on players. Put your money where your mouth is or stopping slagging off DK with incorrect facts.

:tosser:

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
dear e block ernie seeing as you are clearly an astute busnissmen, who knows exactly how to run a football club, and as finanacial imput is irrelevant (seeing how you seem to think 'potless' hasnt put a penny in), i suggest you step forward and guide our club to champions league glory in three years. Or perhaps you would be the football chairmans equivalent of martin hinshelwood.

Actually on second thoughts why dont you just f**k off you t**t.:tosser:

Last edited:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
I'm Brian and so is my wife said:
A number of points covered there:

1) Yes the managers he appointed may have been down on their luck but he had the balls to hire them and the nous to persuade them to join us.

2) Getting us to Brighton permanently was and is his number one priority. The planning shit has gone on for 6 years? 2 years at Gillingham that we couldn't get out of, planning permission and NIMBY hassles over Withdean. Planning issues and NIMBYism getting in the way of Falmer. He managed to get the Falmer issue included ina public referendum which is so vital to everything else connected with our new stadium. How would you have done things any differently? You clearly do not understand how complicated this stadium bid is-it's not like asking the council if it's OK to put up a shed or conservatory for f***'s sake!

3) Without DK's appointments of these managers we'd still be hanging around in 97th place in the league.

4)What would I say if we were still in the third? In case you haven't noticed we are in Div 2 having had an excursion into Div 1. Currently sit in 2nd place in Div 2 for the second time in three seasons...just what the f*** has Dick Knight got to do to have some support from some of you people.

5) Explain again please how he is so over rated 'cos I'm dying to know-NOT!
You tell me how he manages to do all this without dipping his hand into his pocket.

Its time to stop all this shite about the past troubles and concentrate on what we want for this club.

Dick isn't ever goner splash out money on quality players in the future as he hates spending end of story,so less of the stuff such as look how far he has got us crap as we are still at withdean 6 years on without a pot to piss in.

To many thickle people think he is god when i bet he isn't even out of pocket himself as some money comes in and dissapears without a flash and you don't even no where that money has gone do ya.

I'll stick to my views until falmer is built,but my opion is that if we had the right man falmer would be built by now end of story.

Delay after delay with falmer and its o.k appointing managers,but keeping them is a diffrent story.
We have been fortunate to have managers who have bought us success without any money and its these managers that have given knight god status.

:p

E Block Ernie

Jul 5, 2003
Jenny's Star Bar
eiregull said:
dear e block ernie seeing as you are clearly an astute busnissmen, who knows exactly how to run a football club, and as finanacial imput is irrelevant (seeing how you seem to think 'potless' hasnt put a penny in), i suggest you step forward and guide our club to champions league glory in three years. Or perhaps you would be the football chairmans equivalent of martin hinshelwood.

Actually on second thoughts why dont you just f**k off you t**t.:tosser:

I find it amazing idiots like you can have the temerity to write anything about the club when you don't even live in the country let alone Brighton.
Stick to Man U and leave the Albion to the real supporters who have season tickets, go to the games and actually put money into the club :salute: :salute:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Some people have very short memories ....

The reason Archer got into the club is because the club did exactly what you are suggesting ..... spend ... spend ... spend.

It's really very simple - the club shouldn't spend more than comes in. Why anyone thinks the Chairman of a company should fund purchases from his own pocket is flabbergasting !!!!

If the club doesn't have the money to buy these top players then the club can't buy them.

I for one would prefer to still be watching the Albion in 30 years time due to staying within real world budgets than see the Albion bankrupt because of flash in pan big bang spending.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Nobody knows what would of happened and what might happen thats a fact.
We could easily be in a new stadium now for all we no and we could be non existent,so its ifs and butts as usual.:lol:

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Westdene Seagull said:
Some people have very short memories ....

The reason Archer got into the club is because the club did exactly what you are suggesting ..... spend ... spend ... spend.

It's really very simple - the club shouldn't spend more than comes in. Why anyone thinks the Chairman of a company should fund purchases from his own pocket is flabbergasting !!!!

If the club doesn't have the money to buy these top players then the club can't buy them.

I for one would prefer to still be watching the Albion in 30 years time due to staying within real world budgets than see the Albion bankrupt because of flash in pan big bang spending.

250k in 5-6 years is not spending in my eyes!!
The zammo money has gone into falmer so it seems yet if zammo had of flopped i would guess nothing would have changed in finances as surley dick wasn't relying on bobby boy to help fund falmer mmmmmm.
:drink: :drink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Berkshire,

I agree it would be great if we had some mega-money chairman who could afford to run the club at a huge loss in order to bring in the best players, manager etc

but

there aren't any lining up and until there is one, an Albion supporter with a bit of common sense (Dick) is the best you are going to get.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
E Block Ernie said:
I find it amazing idiots like you can have the temerity to write anything about the club when you don't even live in the country let alone Brighton.
Stick to Man U and leave the Albion to the real supporters who have season tickets, go to the games and actually put money into the club :salute: :salute:

Good counter arguement - with loads of well thought out reason and logic !!! :clap:

Why does it matter where you support the Albion from - are you really suggesting that Eiregull flies in every week to go to the matches - you must have lots of money.

Hail the new saviour of BHA - E Block Ernie - he's got pots of money to buy the players we need !!! :salute:

eiregull

Jul 15, 2003
ireland
E Block Ernie said:

Still have aseason ticket, which my friends share, still get to about 10/15 games aseason, i will be at peterborouh on saturday where you can question my loyalty to my face (assuming youre going), which will cost me around 250 pounds all in. In fact due to geography it would be cheaper for me to fly to old trafford. I was a season ticket holder at gillingham, and that is all i have to remember when anyone questions dick knight. You my friend are one of the following

a) a palace fan
or
b) a t**t.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
WATFORD zero said:
Berkshire,

I agree it would be great if we had some mega-money chairman who could afford to run the club at a huge loss in order to bring in the best players, manager etc

but

there aren't any lining up and until there is one, an Albion supporter with a bit of common sense (Dick) is the best you are going to get.

Never mentioned a chairman with shite loads of money!
Its about frustration and after hearing knight say 2 years til falmer is built 2 years ago i have my reasons.

Also i don't like seeing the playing side of things neglected as it always is and yes falmer is priority,but you can't ignore the rest.
As football is these days chairmans are there to help finance the club and i feel knight has not contributed enough despite money coming in i.e zammo and compensation etc.

No point in an argument as nothing will change and things will plod on and sort themselves out.:drink: :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here