Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you like the Royal family?

Do you like the Royal family?

• Yes. They do so much for this country.

Votes: 79 72.5%
  • No, I am a lettuce eating lefty.

Votes: 30 27.5%

• Total voters

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Following on from the thread "be honest", how many people on North Stand Chat do like the Royal Family?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised how well the young'uns, H & W, have stepped up to the plate, and seem to be carrying me along with them.

The Queen's the Queen, she's the dogs bollox, and fair play to her.
It seems, in hindsight, something went a bit wrong with all her children, leaving me pretty ambivalent about the whole tribe. But as I said the boys seem a little more 'real'.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm not against them.

Anyone that says they are a waste of tax payers money need only look at those living a life on benefits to see who the real scroungers are.

Not sure how true this is, but I heard they only cost us 70p per head each year.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I far keener on them now the Middleton sisters have appeared on the scene.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
If it's the Royals or some failed politician as head of state (Blair,Brown,Major etc )then it is a no brainer...Royals.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What's not to like?

just-for-the-hell-of-it-the-middleton-sisters-in-bikinis-from-five-years-ago-full-view-img-1.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's your future queen, Gritty

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nothing against them, I find them quite amusing really, live ready bout what Harry had been up to, do love it when the queen sits on her throne with a lacky bent down in front of her while she rests her feet on him claiming she feels everyone's pain during the credit crunch.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I couldnt really care less myself, so wont vote.

They are pointless, but bring money into the country through tourism - much like the London Eye. Yes, i have compared the Queen to a ferris wheel.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Not that fussed either way. Glad we have them but think many people go way over the top but guess otherwise the tourism wouldn't be as big a deal as be more like other European royals

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh for another Cromwell.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Fairly indifferent to them really...not sure people come to see the royals... they get to see the buildings they live in, and thats about it...pretty rare for a tourist to catch a glimpse of the queen I would imagine, unless they time it for a state occassion.... not sure theres that many British people who have actually seen her in real life.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Give me the Royals as Head of State any day over Presidents Blair, Cameron, Brown or even worse someone like Bush Jnr !!!!

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Should Britain have any unelected leaders or heads of state in the 21st Century?

I wish we could have some sort of opt out. Maybe given them charity status and let those that want them, pay for them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here