• Meh

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • I’d rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than listen to them

Votes: 28 16.3%

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
first two albums i liked, part of the sound track to the time as i remember. third was meh but inoffensive. next one they went very up their arse, abetted by a music media that seem to fawn over what was pretty ordinary. paid no attention since then.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Coldplay are far Too easy to dislike for being bland, but they are better than that.

They're just a bit beige. Easy on the ear . . .like oasis are easy on 'lads' ears nothing complex or challenging just universally nice within their niche. Not the kind of bands musicians like

It's a good skill to have and game to play if you want to earn well.

Shouldn't be confused with Dire Straits, who did one commercial album, paid off mortgages and went back to doing what they wanted, plenty of others have done it. Sting is an oddball, successful band with 2 brilliant musicians, he did the corporate slag solo money thing, the other two carried on as normal. Just great musicians.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh, and after so many replies, can it truly be that nobody has replied "No, but I do like foreplay"? ???

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Like them. Like Keane. Both good live and with a huge amount of great tunes. I've never been cool, couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks but I find the active loathing of Coldplay a really odd social phenomenon. If you don't enjoy their music listen to something else. Plenty for everyone. Simple.

I frequent a few music pages on social media and this phenomenon is endemic. See also Oasis and U2.

It seems like many people are more interested in talking about the music they don't like rather than the music they do.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Don;t mind them.

Chris Martin did a very good version (rather than straight boring cover) of Graceland on BBC Live Lounge. Really grew on me after a few listens.

I also enjoyed their first headline on the Pyramid Stage and both of us there commented at the time that the crowd was electric and it was a real "moment" of crowd-band connection. For that reason, while no fan they're ok MOR by me. And I might even catch them again if I can pick up a very cheap ticket at Wembley because I am love with the singer of London Grammar, who are supporting and I've yet to see them live.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do not particularly like Coldplay. But if they give people pleasure and enjoyment then I won’t knock anyone’s taste in entertainment. Be it listening to Coldplay, watching Eastendere or doing jigsaw puzzles. If you enjoy it, go for it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
herecomesaregular;103062 23 said:
Don;t mind them.

Chris Martin did a very good version (rather than straight boring cover) of Graceland on BBC Live Lounge. Really grew on me after a few listens.

I also enjoyed their first headline on the Pyramid Stage and both of us there commented at the time that the crowd was electric and it was a real "moment" of crowd-band connection. For that reason, while no fan they're ok MOR by me. And I might even catch them again if I can pick up a very cheap ticket at Wembley because I am love with the singer of London Grammar, who are supporting and I've yet to see them live.

Saw LG live a while back. Her voice is stunning.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
herecomesaregular;103062 23 said:
Don;t mind them.

Not heard that before, thanks for posting, enjoyable cover

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Just went to have a look at their current tour dates..6 sold out shows at Wembley Stadium! Can't be many bands out there that could do that!

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I remember browsing through the records in Atomic Sounds in Shoreham back in 2000 when the owner of the store put Yellow on. My ears pricked up and I asked him who it was, subsequently buying Parachutes on release. Saw Coldplay live a couple of times in 2001 ... but that was the pinnacle for me I think.

I'm not in the group of haters ... just didn't like the direction they took and rarely listen to them (not even Parachutes) these days ... unless a track randomly comes on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Just went to have a look at their current tour dates..6 sold out shows at Wembley Stadium! Can't be many bands out there that could do that!

Going to a Cold Play gig and voting Tory are two things I will never understand why so many people do it.

I don't hate them, it's ok stuff, but it's just average.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Going to a Cold Play gig and voting Tory are two things I will never understand why so many people do it.

Agree on Torys, just cannot relate to that on any level whatsoever, just seems bizarre when there are other choices. With Coldplay it’s more the out of all proportion vitriol spat their way when they really aren’t that offensive., save it for the Arctic Monkeys, the most overrated lauded band ever, out of all proportion to their talent or output. Strange days indeed.
:)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Most people are sheep not shepherds. They do what they're told. The music industry is controlled and managed as is politics and the press.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most people are sheep not shepherds. They do what they're told. The music industry is controlled and managed as is politics and the press.

And in car choices, German and Japanese good, other nationalities mostly bad :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here