• Meh

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • I’d rather stick red hot needles in my eyes than listen to them

Votes: 28 16.3%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Possibly the most slagged off Big band since Dire Straits imo.

Anonymous poll so you can hit Yes even if you’d be embarrassed to be seen as so uncool in a public poll :wink:

Then again you can vent your spleen as to just how shite and dull you find them by posting :lolol:

Me, I really like watching their live performances on TV but I seldom listen to their albums on my Ipod/Iphone

I thought this was great too!

https://youtu.be/HgA5IaGypDI

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Not for me Clive.

giphy.gif

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I rarely choose to listen to their stuff but I simply can't fathom how some people HATE them.

When you look at some of the CRAP on offer in the world of music, it seems bizarre that a band with longevity, variety and who actually play instruments are the target of peoples dislike.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never understood the hate for Hotplay. A self-confessed music snob I don’t mind them at all. People slag off Chris Martin’s OTT positivity, or whatever you want to call it, rather that than being some negative keyboard warrior shooting him down. Four very rich, hard-working self-made guys who write their own stuff, the joke is on the haters plodding along in their 9-5 existences. As you were.
:)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I never got the massive hype about this band 20+ years back, I thought Yellow was shite when it came out, I still think it’s dull.
I don’t hate the band because it’s popular to not like them on NSC, I didn’t like them before I joined this forum. Don’t mind a few of their songs but I don’t own or have anything downloaded by them.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Still a favourite memory, up at Hillsborough for the play-off in 2016.

The MASSIVE crowd all wave their lit phones through the Sheffield night, someone sighed 'Didn't know I was coming to a f###ing Coldplay concert'.

Shame we lost though.

Shutterstock_5683892y.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I saw a live Coldplay concert on the television about ten years ago. I seem to recall one truly excellent track, and the rest quite dull, bordering on irritating. I have nothing of theirs on my iPod

For music in a similar vein, Keane are the other way round, and I bought Under and Iron Sea, a terrific record, despite the singer looking like a young 'call me Dave' Cameron.

I just asked Mrs T to remind me what she thinks of Keane. She says she dislikes them because the singer is a c*** :lolol: Doesn't mince her words, Mrs T.

Back to Coldplay, one problem of theirs is with a name like that you expect them to sound like the classic French Coldwave bands like Norma Loy, Asylum Party and Little Nemo.

This (below) is a tremendous track, and what coldplay might have become had they sorted their silly selves out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZtT8zBaZU

Alternatively, I might like coldplay more if they changed their name to 'Cheerful Tuneyboys'. Yes, that would work.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Up there with Keane and Elbow as the epitome of meh bands.

I liked Keane’s first album, nothing since. Not a fan of Elbow and I do find them quite irritating but surprisingly I enjoyed their contribution to the Platinum Jubilee concert

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I saw a live Coldplay concert on the television about ten years ago. I seem to recall one truly excellent track, and the rest quite dull, bordering on irritating. I have nothing of theirs on my iPod

For music in a similar vein, Keane are the other way round, and I bought Under and Iron Sea, a terrific record, despite the singer looking like a young 'call me Dave' Cameron.

I just asked Mrs T to remind me what she thinks of Keane. She says she dislikes them because the singer is a c*** :lolol: Doesn't mince her words, Mrs T.

Back to Coldplay, one problem of theirs is with a name like that you expect them to sound like the classic French Coldwave bands like Norma Loy, Asylum Party and Little Nemo.

This (below) is a tremendous track, and what coldplay might have become had they sorted their silly selves out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeZtT8zBaZU

Alternatively, I might like coldplay more if they changed their name to 'Cheerful Tuneyboys'. Yes, that would work.

The eighties have just called and asked for their music back, sorry H that is dull and fecking repetitive with lyrics a six year old could have written.( not that I can make much other than Julia) Awful…imo

****ing electronic music :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The eighties have just called and asked for their music back, sorry H that is dull and fecking repetitive with lyrics a six year old could have written.( not that I can make much other than Julia) Awful…imo

I didn't expect you to like it, gramps :shrug:

And you may have taken my post a tiny bit too literally :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I didn't expect you to like it, gramps :shrug:

And you may have taken my post a tiny bit too literally :wink:

The bit about it being “tremendous”, if so yes, yes I did (I was only referring to the song not the rest of your post) :lolol:

What does Mrs T think of it? :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Does anybody on here under 45 like it?

The only person that counts does. :wink:

Apologies, however, this is your thread so I'll not derail it any further. I agree with you about Keane and Elbow. I saw Elbow on Jools Holland and thought 'dad rock'. It didn't enflame me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I really like Viva la Vida, and think that it’s a great album.

The rest of their stuff, neither here nor there.

I also really like Guy Garvies voice, so I will listen to Elbow more, and The Seldom Seen Kid is my favourite album of the Noughties.

God, I’m getting old.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The only person that counts does. :wink:

Apologies, however, this is your thread so I'll not derail it any further. I agree with you about Keane and Elbow. I saw Elbow on Jools Holland and thought 'dad rock'. It didn't enflame me.

Derail away, I do it all the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here