Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Do you have a driving licence?

Do you have a driving licence

• Total voters

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
For 35 years.

Would really struggle to cope without a car. Love driving too - like others on here I have an indulgence second car as well as a sensible one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Been driving for 15 years. If you include depreciation of the vehicle plus petrol I reckon it cost me around £4,000 a year to run my car. I could probably get about on public transport for less commuiting regularly from Crawley to Brighton

D

Deleted member 2719

The only thing I haven't got/held a licence for is a bike......I like a wheel on each corner and a roof when on the road:)

You don't not what your missing, cars just have a practical side it is boring in comparison to riding a bike IMO, go on try it!

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I've got a TV license. I couldn't see an option for it on the poll.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The cock up on the poll is the automatic car bit, as far as I know you get a licence to drive an automatic when you pass a test in a manual. I have known people who took their test in an automatic and I believe are only permitted to drive an automatic. Maybe things have changed.

Yes. You can vote for both.....those who didn't are sad and thick dweebs so there, nah poo. Cool poll bro, whichever bro etc.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I've got a TV license. I couldn't see an option for it on the poll.

I have some tropical fish, but no fish licence. I feel discriminated against.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I only got my driving licence when I was 31 and purely because it was convenient to do so at the time. Having a car while living in a city centre always seemed more of a hassle than anything else and I didn't feel like I was missing out on anything.

Definitely handy to have but certainly not a necessity these days unless you work in an industry where having a license is highly desirable.

A little short sighted, how about people that live out of towns with no public transport?

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
Got my license in Spain 9 years ago and it works for both car and bike. Can drive all over Europe without hassle and when I’m in the UK for work there is no problem with a Spanish license

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not only do I need my car for work (45000 miles a year!) I'd be lost without it. I live in the countryside and have done for years. Therefore I really look after my licence, and pleased to say it's completely clean and has always been for 32 years. I got a parking ticket once in Wisbech in a free car park! Didn't realize you still needed a ticket from the machine to display, fathom that one.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'd be screwed if I couldn't drive living here (remote rural Wales).

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Not only do I need my car for work (45000 miles a year!) I'd be lost without it. I live in the countryside and have done for years. Therefore I really look after my licence, and pleased to say it's completely clean and has always been for 32 years. I got a parking ticket once in Wisbech in a free car park! Didn't realize you still needed a ticket from the machine to display, fathom that one.

This post should he on the bell cheese thread :)

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I assume having a driving licence was a right of passage once you hit 17. I know only 2-3 people over that age that don't have a driving licence.
How do people cope without one? or are they driving illegally?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here