Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you do your food shop in your pyjamas?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I live in a village and was confronted by this when I fist came here 10 years ago.
I think it's a mild sort of amusement, but don't care that much, but my wife is horrified, she won't even go to the toilet at home without make up on !

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
When I get home of an evening I do tend to change into "comfies" - pj bottoms and t shirt/hoodie. Last night having done so, I realised we were out of tonic water for Mrs Worthingites G&T that she has when she gets in around 7pm. The offie is 3 doors away, so yeah I slipped on my trainers and nipped round and grabbed a bottle - there and back in less than 5 mins. But on the whole, no, I wouldn't go out to do a full shop in my comfies. But as a one off mercy dash to a couple of doors down.... not so bad.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No but used to see chav mums doing just that in the mornings. Usually with some scrote in tow in a baseball cap and joggers, swigging special brew at 9am

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I don't see the problem nipping to the local shop in your pj's if you have run out of eggs or milk etc in the morning, but I have seen people in pj's on London Road going into Iceland in the afternoon...

No excuse for that whatsoever other than pure laziness.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
No but used to see chav mums doing just that in the mornings. Usually with some scrote in tow in a baseball cap and joggers, swigging special brew at 9am

But in Hastings a baseball cap and joggers is surely their equivalent of a dinner suit. The young man should at least be applauded for making an effort. Hastings should never be judged as the yardstick for what's acceptable. The repercussions could be disasterous.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
babs-goes-shopping-in-pyjamas-2-1265292823-view-0.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A dash out to the shops for a quick pint of milk in joggers is fine, as is going to the supermarket in decorating/building gear, I do so after work most days but a full shop in your Jammies? Unacceptable.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
on worldwide scale of events, who cares, although once when I was ill I popped to local shops with a coat over pjs and wore shoes, but I was ill and past caring at the time

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not sure why the shop should give a shit. They're in there ostensibly to give you money. Shouldn't matter if they're in PJs or a big chicken suit.

Standards innit. They should be upheld. Plus, in PJ's you have slept in them, one layer between someone's council estate clopper and my ready ripe avocados. People dribble piss, spaff and sex wee out of their tuna slice or John Thomas throughout the night. People who wear PJ's to the shop are the type that scratch their ********s. Not the arse cheek but properly in the council, then they touch food you might buy. Infected growlers, spotty cocks and festering bumholes, only a thin piece of Primark grade man made fibre separates their grubby cluster from your kid's food. That's why it's disgusting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here