Do you clap at the end of films in the cinema?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
To go off on a slight tangent, is anyone getting totally f***ed off with general behaviour and cinema etiquette these days? I went to see this Best Exotic film the other night around 9pm and a couple brought a toddler in with them

I love kids, dont get me wrong, but a late evening cinema screening is totally unreasonable unless they are totally asleep. The gurgling and squeeling was getting right on my tits.

Also - when did it become socially acceptable to natter through the trailers? The trailers are sometimes my favourite bit of the cinema experience....

Humm, don't go when I am there. But as already stated 30-40mins is a joke. I always chat through adverts trailers.

But really stupid to say that's the best part IMO. Do you go down the Amex and get irritated by people singing through the pre- match screen presentation because that's you favourite part of going to football? Come on mate, if your not there for the main event don't do go. There is no vfm in watching trailers in the cinema when you can watch them for free online.

On more than one occasion I've been on a plane and a bunch of people (Americans) have applauded when it's touched down on the runway.

Yay! Go pilot! Way to do your actual job!

Must admit, I've done this myself but then again we did nearly collide with another aircraft at O'Hare! Relief at being alive can do that you know.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I clapped at the end of Toy Story Three. And kept the 3D glasses on for as long as possible after in the hope no one would spot me crying.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Went to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel on Saturday (and a very enjoyable film it was too), but was quite taken aback at the end when about half the audience started clapping!

Admittedly I don't go to the pictures very often, but I'm not sure I've ever been in a cinema where a film got a round of applause at the end. Is it a common thing?

No I don't, but then I do always leave ten minutes before the end :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports