Votes: 25 11.0%
  • No

Votes: 133 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I do believe a man called Jesus did exist, but I don't think his surname was Christ. Was probably called Jesus Smith or something similar.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
How much money would hard pressed couples save by not marrying at a church

My wedding in a few months time in a church is free. The two weddings I am going to this year (one in the Pavilion, one in a stately home) are costing the couples thousands. Work that one out.

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
My wedding in a few months time in a church is free. The two weddings I am going to this year (one in the Pavilion, one in a stately home) are costing the couples thousands. Work that one out.
This is an omen and god is telling you not to do it.:lol::lol::lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I did, but I have now come to the conclusion that the Greek gods are just as relevant.....I love the idea of gods walking amongst us therefore the population being nice to everyone just in case you happen to pick the wrong person to be nasty to. Certainly more believable than Mary and Joseph...see the Egyptian gos Isis for a very similar story.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Could add:
f) because they were brought up to believe
g) because it helps guide them through difficult times
h) it gives them a sense of purpose
i) gives them a guide on how to live their life
j) because they feel God has saved them from walking the wrong path
k) because they simply choose to believe that what they do in this life will matter in the next (should there be a next)

F is the reason I'm afraid.

There is no such thing as religious children. Only religious parents.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Doesn't belief simply refer to you guessing something is so?

So when people say 'I believe in Jesus Christ' they are simply saying 'My personal guess is that Jesus is the messiah'? Sounds far less grandiose yet far more clear.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I've worked it out. The cost of a wedding has little to do with where you actually get hitched, it's to do with everything else. So I'm afraid your point is a non one.

Your first example is unusual and comparisons are ridiculous. Many people get married in a Church and spend thousands on a reception elsewhere. Others spend a few quid in a registry office and piss off down the pub.

For the record I got married in the Pavilion with the basic ceremony and it certainly didn't cost thousands.

Last edited:

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
yes great question...I DO ... why?...cos my dad was a great bloke and he did ...big style... its a bit like why does my son support BHA ...cos i do (maybe)=...yes i know a little more abstract than Gus, CMS, Vicente and the boys;
but my dad supported both big time! Jesus Christ and The Albion ... sometimes hard to say who he liked more!
---
he took weddings at 2pm on Saturdays in Hove but not at 3pm ...we were 10 mins walk from the Goldstone and 2pm wokred well... he wrote to Brian Clough about Sunday football in the seventies ... "unthinkable"
he drove me to southampton, palace (he hated palce!) , pompey, ipswich, norwich, cambridge, etc etc etc and we went to highbury and wembley together in 83, i miss him ..he believed in Jesus big time and if he did i do! : I miss him ...he loved the Albion, the North Stand (1971-1997) and he would have loved Gus and this season ... that shitty stome i bought for him outside the lower upper west stand doesnt do him justice! sorry dad!! GOSBTS : HAPPY EASTER!

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
i am Brightion till i die but have only written 632 post in 8 years but this the 631 rd one ... i want you to read ! and that was supposed to say shitty stone not stome!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I have just returned from a very religious wedding. I think out of 150 people or so there, I was in a 1% or less minority whom did not count themselves as a Christian. The other 99% wish to live their life in the way Jesus wants them to and they are all very spiritual. I have no problem with that. Quite possibly the nicest and kindest bunch of people you will meet without fail. Most of them would appear to put Jesus at the top of the list of important people, followed by their spouses, family, friends, Vicente et al.

I believe he existed.

I believe that there are important lessons to be learned from his parables.

I don't believe one has to be religious to lead a 'good Christian' existence i.e. follow their morals and so on.

Gave it all a fair crack of the whip - enforced really (bible reading and chapel twice a week for yonks) - but didn't get the bug as it were.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
My word, not another of these threads which prove to be a breeding ground to bash those with faith. :ffsparr:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Are you saying that the feeding of the 5000 is proof that he existed?

We could do with his feeding the 5000 trick at The Amex when Azure run out of pies or Harveys.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports