[Other Sport] Djokovic held at airport

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
cheer-sport-vs-santa-cruz.gif

"You're going home in a private Lear jet
You're going home in a private Lear jet"

Do you get a choice of flight when being deported? Genuine question.

Personally, if I were the Aussies I'd be rounding up the two smelliest, fattest, most obnoxious bástards they can find and offering them an all expenses paid trip to Serbia, on the proviso that they endure a 20 hour, two legged, economy flight as the bread in a particularly sweaty Novak sandwich.

What a silly sausage. :lolol:

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
You’d need a heart of stone not to laugh

Do you know what; I've been seriously thinking about this just now. Covid's still a very serious matter, particularly in Australia where they are still not as well vaccinated as us. And here we have one of the most revered tennis players, if not sportsmen, of all time - being robbed of his opportunity to be the first man in history to win 21 grand slam tournaments, an incredible feat.

So, when you search into your soul don't you have to ask yourself - "is this actually funny"?

b9837335-232e-41be-9d0d-aab2e19611af_text.gif

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well well well, if it isn’t the consequences of my own actions.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
UPDATE: Novak Djokovic to remain in Melbourne for the time being - but ultimately, it’s likely to be a day trip. He’s about to be transported to a City quarantine hotel, run by the Federal Govt. Arrangements are now underway to source a return flight to Europe, likely today.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Unfortunately he hasn't actually been booted out. My bet would be that a hoard if expensive lawyers will make hay, largely at the expense of the Australian tax-payer, and Djokovic will get to play.

Would love to be wrong.

Yes seems his team filled out the wrong visa, so he’s not being booted out for not having a vax, but for someone in his team not filling out the right visa paperwork for someone who’s medically exempt. The politicians who initially said he could come in on a medical exemption and got black lash for it and now have magically found a way of saving face.
They should have denied him entry in the first place.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Do you know what; I've been seriously thinking about this just now. Covid's still a very serious matter, particularly in Australia where they are still not as well vaccinated as us.

There are different versions of ‘well vaccinated’. Melbourne, for example is 90% ‘fully vaccinated’ where as we only achieved 70% of the jabable population pierced with the double vaccine in this Country.

Also, whilst we’ve boosted a lot of folk, if you’ve only just got through your second jabs the booster is not as essential as it is in this country where we jabbed very early.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
There are different versions of ‘well vaccinated’. Melbourne, for example is 90% ‘fully vaccinated’ where as we only achieved 70% of the jabable population pierced with the double vaccine in this Country.

Also, whilst we’ve boosted a lot of folk, if you’ve only just got through your second jabs the booster is not as essential as it is in this country where we jabbed very early.

Yeah, I wasn't being that serious to be honest...

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
UPDATE: Novak Djokovic to remain in Melbourne for the time being - but ultimately, it’s likely to be a day trip. He’s about to be transported to a City quarantine hotel, run by the Federal Govt. Arrangements are now underway to source a return flight to Europe, likely today.

Enjoy yer lunch, ya flamin' wombat...

225535722_869805896961308_7063623555530909751_n.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Funny his lawyer’s are arguing his case and his dad has started talking crap. It is totally up to an independent country who and when they allow people into their country.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
What an odd situation. His arrogance to think that he can waltz into Australia under his own rules. His determination to beat records at all costs. If his lawyers can turn it around to get entry I wonder what reception he would get from the crowds? He's got to be an idiot to try and push through still with it now, Shirley?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Do you know what; I've been seriously thinking about this just now. Covid's still a very serious matter, particularly in Australia where they are still not as well vaccinated as us. And here we have one of the most revered tennis players, if not sportsmen, of all time - being robbed of his opportunity to be the first man in history to win 21 grand slam tournaments, an incredible feat.

So, when you search into your soul don't you have to ask yourself - "is this actually funny"?

View attachment 143452

Over 90% of the adult population, if you exclude Western Aus, are vaxxed. Not sure where you get your info, or how old it is?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Over 90% of the adult population, if you exclude Western Aus, are vaxxed. Not sure where you get your info, or how old it is?

Oh FFS, I’m not doing this for a second time. It was a joke. With a gif at the bottom from Crocodile Dundee. I was just hamming it up for the benefit of my punch line, which was Mick Dundee saying “it is [funny] to me”.

I give up. :ffsparr:

Feb 9, 2012
perth
If my memory of watching Border Security: Australia's Front Line is correct doesn’t anyone refused entry into Australia have a three year ban from returning the country. Guess he’s screwed for 2023, 2024 as well.

For a bit of context, The evil- clown convention currently masquarading as our Australian Federal government is currently doing a stellar job at making Bojo look a once in a generation elite global leader (Everything is still open while we are merrily experiencing the fastest growing spike of self inflicted Covid currently anywhere in the world,- hospitals creaking, retailers shutting down over staff shortages, supermarkets struggling for stock, mile long testing queues, PM refusal to fund rapid tests and none available anywhere at any price anyway and all set to get dramatically worse in next few weeks.

Perhaps not surprisingly, this latest Novax thing is seen by many here as a sneaky 'look over there' moment initiated by Evil Clown Number One to distract the masses from all of the above, after he woefully failed to blame the state govt for letting him in in the first place (a few journos helpfully began pointing out its the Feds that issued the visa).

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
For a bit of context, The evil- clown convention currently masquarading as our Australian Federal government is currently doing a stellar job at making Bojo look a once in a generation elite global leader (Everything is still open while we are merrily experiencing the fastest growing spike of self inflicted Covid currently anywhere in the world,- hospitals creaking, retailers shutting down over staff shortages, supermarkets struggling for stock, mile long testing queues, PM refusal to fund rapid tests and none available anywhere at any price anyway and all set to get dramatically worse in next few weeks.

Perhaps not surprisingly, this latest Novax thing is seen by many here as a sneaky 'look over there' moment initiated by Evil Clown Number One to distract the masses from all of the above, after he woefully failed to blame the state govt for letting him in in the first place (a few journos helpfully began pointing out its the Feds that issued the visa).

The biggest death tally is in the state that was locked down longer than any other place in the world thanks to that Labor cockroach.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Scotty from Marketing is the master at this.

He has used a consistent policy of letting the state premiers deal with/take the fall for Covid, Bushfires . . . I am sure I am missing something here.

You'd have to be daft to fall for this every time though.

The biggest death tally is in the state that was locked down longer than any other place in the world thanks to that Labor cockroach.

Oh.

:lol::lol:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Scotty from Marketing is the master at this.

He has used a consistent policy of letting the state premiers deal with/take the fall for Covid, Bushfires . . . I am sure I am missing something here.

You'd have to be daft to fall for this every time though.

Oh.

:lol::lol:

Why would Federals run it? They don't control the State Police forces or Health officials.

You'd have to be a dimwit to ignore the success some states have had in limiting the impact vs other failed states.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Why would Federals run it? They don't control the State Police forces or Health officials.

You'd have to be a dimwit to ignore the success some states have had in limiting the impact vs other failed states.

Apologies I shouldn't have had a pop, it just made me laugh that's all.

Last edited:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I must be missing something. Without a valid visa, he would never have been allowed on the plane. So therefore he had a valid visa. Which became invalid whilst in transit? Right-o.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports