Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Django Unchained V Lincoln.

Django Unchained V Lincoln which will you see ?

• Both

Votes: 15 27.8%
  • Django Unchained

Votes: 30 55.6%
  • Lincoln

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Django Unchained V Lincoln.

Both around Slavery in the USA. Both are meant to be very powerful films from two of the greatest directors around at the top of their game.

Which will you see and which do you think will be the better ? Post reviews here. I am seeing Lincoln on Friday and I am very excited at the Masters latest project.

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Not seen them yet, but both very 'worthy' and will no doubt do well when award season kicks in.

Personally the best film I've seen recently is Les Mis, bloody marvelous.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some woman 'expert' on 5-live was spouting on about the unnecesary violence in Django.
Also saying it was possible to make a film without the violence, a la Lincoln.

She hadn't seen either!

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
Django, dislike Quentin Tarantino and have a lot of respect for Spielberg. However preferred Unchained.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Looking forward to seeing Lincoln, I have always enjoyed Spielberg's films and this looks good. I have never really been a fan of Tarantino so this is pretty easy for me.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Saw Django Friday night - excellent typical Tarantino fayre, but wouldn't put it in the classic category despite some fantastic performances throughout the cast.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Pulp Fiction is Tarantino's Citizen Kane. He will be hard pressed to ever beat this magnificent film imo.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Tarantino is past it and if Spielburg keeps producing unwatchable-dross like War Horse I'll be avoiding him like the plague too.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Tarantino is past it and if Spielburg keeps producing unwatchable-dross like War Horse I'll be avoiding him like the plague too.

I loved War Horse, I thought it was superb and very moving. Each to their own.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Saw Django already, which was not anything like a film of the year and will see Lincoln when it's out with a full chest of groans warmed up for it. Although i haven't much in there since Les Mis which was a huge basket of youwhatthefuckery.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Saw Django already, which was not anything like a film of the year and will see Lincoln when it's out with a full chest of groans warmed up for it. Although i haven't much in there since Les Mis which was a huge basket of youwhatthefuckery.

Nothing like an open mind then.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nothing like an open mind then.

:)
Not a fan of Spielberg, so i do expect an unchallenging film. Just as you expect the world's greatest film of all time. It could be alright though and i will try not to go in with my crisp-packet full of boos to be burst or even tampered with in my satchel of judgements.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:)
Not a fan of Spielberg, so i do expect an unchallenging film. Just as you expect the world's greatest film of all time. It could be alright though and i will try not to go in with my crisp-packet full of boos to be burst or even tampered with in my satchel of judgements.

Not really , I think a lot of people will find it boring and don't expect it to do well in the UK.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I doubt if he directs to 90 Spielberg will ever surpass

Schindler's List
ET - The Extraterrestrial
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Saving Private Ryan

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
Seen Lincoln, found it extremely good film, D D Lewis was very good but for me Tommy Lee Jones was the show stealer

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Seen Lincoln, found it extremely good film, D D Lewis was very good but for me Tommy Lee Jones was the show stealer

Liam Neeson was lined up to play Lincoln but pulled out with a broken heart when Natasha Richardson died. DD Lewis and Spielberg has to be the dream ticket.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'll be side stepping them both in favour of Zero Dark Thirty, for my next cinema trip.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They both have so much publicity and both look so predictable I have no intention of seeing either. Don't rate either of the director's output these days and both films look unsurprising. I'll swerve both overblown efforts I think.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was going to see Django unchained on friday, but the weather put me off. Maybe tomorrow (I'll wanna settle down...).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here