Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Disney+

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Watched The Menu yesterday.

Wanted to see it at the cinema but it was announced as going to streaming last month when it was still on the big screen.

Feel a bit guilty about it.

Anyway, Fiennes and a Taylor-Joy are both excellent.
Really wish I hadn't seen the trailer.
Good, but could have been better.

IMDB have it at 71/ 7.2 which seems about right.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I watched 'Stolen Youth' earlier this week. It's a documentary about a man who moves in with his daughter and her college friends and starts a small cult.

It's been on there a few months now, and I have only seen it at the cinema, but Barbarian is a good horror movie on there. The less you know abut it, the better. But the set up is that a woman goes to an air bnb she has rented only to discover it's double booked. Against her better judgement she agrees to stay the night with the intent of sorting out the mix up in the morning.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As said on another thread, if you’ve got Disney, this German version of Your Honour is, imho, a must watch, the acting, direction, tension, cinematography. Far superior to the American remake with Brian Cranston. So good, we did all six episodes, went back and did them all again. A series you just don’t want to end. Gripping television.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As said on another thread, if you’ve got Disney, this German version of Your Honour is, imho, a must watch, the acting, direction, tension, cinematography. Far superior to the American remake with Brian Cranston. So good, we did all six episodes, went back and did them all again. A series you just don’t want to end. Gripping television.

Ooh. Didn’t know about this. Enjoyed first series of the US version. Second series a was turgid and I gave up after three episodes.

Thanks for the heads up.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Rather disappointed with the latest Mandalorian season.

I liked it. Problem is we're familiar with the characters now, so the storyline needs something other than just an adventure each week. I thought it was an excellent tie in to bringing on the Grogu side of things and his path towards discovering his Jedi powers. It also explains a bit of Mandalorian history as well, which I enjoyed. It's a nice change to the dark Andor story for me. 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone who hasn't watched The Bear - really must watch it.

Anyone who has watched The Bear - can you please explain the money to me.
I can only assume I missed a honking great big 'clue' and found myself quite perplexed how that issue concluded.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anyone who hasn't watched The Bear - really must watch it.

Anyone who has watched The Bear - can you please explain the money to me.
I can only assume I missed a honking great big 'clue' and found myself quite perplexed how that issue concluded.
We lasted about 16 minutes before binning it (The Bear).

Of all the streaming services Disney is imho the poorest, the content is so rarely updated.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The worst thing on Disney+ by far is How I Met Your Father...considering how good HIMYM was HIMYF is just utter bobbins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We lasted about 16 minutes before binning it (The Bear).

Of all the streaming services Disney is imho the poorest, the content is so rarely updated.
I'm surprised about The Bear - although I 100% agree with the rest of your take.

If I were paying for it I would have binned it off almost immediately.
As it is I pay for AppleTV which I think is getting better as each month passes, and am stuck with Disney, despite my pleas for something (anything) else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The second season of the bear is some great tv. Not quite finished, but difficult to see how they can better the 6th and 7th episodes.
I'm attempting to hold off as I know the minute I start watching S2E1 I won't settle until I've done the whole series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here