Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disco and Drugs Trade

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But that isn't what you put, you wrote that you felt ''uncomfortable'' discussing the caste system , you didn't put anything about being ''angry'' , so my original point stands , handwringing at it's worst. And i have no doubt we have a different outlook on life :thumbsup: :lolol:

Oh for goodness sake. Tell you what..put me on ignore and I'll put you on ignore...then our lives will be most enriched by not having to read each others horseshit

Bye bye

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh for goodness sake. Tell you what..put me on ignore and I'll put you on ignore...then our lives will be most enriched by not having to read each others horseshit

Bye bye
tell you what, dont post something then backtrack and claim you meant something completely different , then you wont have to ready my ''horseshit''.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I see Bushy has started 2016 in fine fettle. Top stuff.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I always feel uncomfortable when discussing the caste system with our Indian colleagues at work. To think that someone won't be given a job they are highly qualified for because there is someone else who may be useless, but comes from a higher caste, they will get the job. To think of the outrage and quite rightly that apartheid was viewed around the world, yet we as a civilised society allow India to get away with this.

This sort of viewpoint always amuses me somewhat. It's a racist viewpoint in my opinion. The notion that 'we', 'as a civilised society', 'allow' a nation of a billion people to 'get away' with having their own system of society that they've had for years, rather than conforming to ours. Astonishing. Why is our way better than theirs? Because we say it is, and we're civilised and they aren't?

How is that possibly not racist to think like that? At best, it's horrendous arrogance. It's along the same lines as the missionaries going over to Africa and telling the tribes that they were wicked and needed to conform to Christianity instead of the system they'd had for hundreds of years. Just because we think our way is right for us, it doesn't mean it is for everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here