Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disco and Drugs Trade

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He hasn't got away with anything as there wasn't anything to get away with; words are about context.

Agree with you about context, but believe me, just the saying or writing of the word - even in an innocent context such as the one under discussion - can lead to extreme censure and sanctions. Tbh, I'm surprised the word wasn't auto asterisked on here, like it is when you try and type **** or ****.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Agree with you about context, but believe me, just the saying or writing of the word - even in an innocent context such as the one under discussion - can lead to extreme censure and sanctions. Tbh, I'm surprised the word wasn't auto asterisked on here, like it is when you try and type **** or ****.

I always feel uncomfortable when discussing the caste system with our Indian colleagues at work. To think that someone won't be given a job they are highly qualified for because there is someone else who may be useless, but comes from a higher caste, they will get the job. To think of the outrage and quite rightly that apartheid was viewed around the world, yet we as a civilised society allow India to get away with this.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
One nation ?? Great idea, except black people who have to have their own business awards, police association, lawyers association ,network for black professionals, black arts association etc etc......

Was going to say something similar , a business is a business and whoever wins the award should do on merit , not colour or creed !

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I always feel uncomfortable when discussing the caste system with our Indian colleagues at work. To think that someone won't be given a job they are highly qualified for because there is someone else who may be useless, but comes from a higher caste, they will get the job. To think of the outrage and quite rightly that apartheid was viewed around the world, yet we as a civilised society allow India to get away with this.
Jesus wept , handwringing at its worst :facepalm: why on earth should YOU feel uncomfortable, WTF has the Indian caste system got to do with you , unless your colleagues are practising suttee in the car park ??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One nation ?? Great idea, except black people who have to have their own business awards, police association, lawyers association ,network for black professionals, black arts association etc etc......

But you've got groups and organisations like the EDL, Millwall FC, The 1922 Committee and Haywards Heath?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35192265

Oops! Surprised our liberal hand wringing types have not jumped on this one yet......

Just one more example of the warped thinking of the ruling fascist junta of the time. Just one more section of society classified as 'the enemy within'. Or rather would have been if their mad bitch leaderene hadn't decreed that 'there is no such thing as society'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Jesus wept , handwringing at its worst :facepalm: why on earth should YOU feel uncomfortable, WTF has the Indian caste system got to do with you , unless your colleagues are practising suttee in the car park ??

Because I have colleagues who I have mentored and witnessed this happen to them and you may call it handwringing, but I personally felt extremely angry for them as they did and I could see it was affecting the way our business was being affected...and yes it affected me personally.

Perhaps I have a different outlook on life than you...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I spent some time living in Brixton in the 80`s
After the second round of rioting much dosh was pumped into the area to encourage entrepreneurs to start up businesses.

Quite a few of the first start ups appeared around the Atlantic Road area and appeared(looking back through hazy goggles) to be bars/cafes with much emphasis on music(,but def not Disco`s). Each one though definitely had a thriving side line business in drugs.
Never bothered me,i quite welcomed the easy access to all sorts of party accessories.

Perhaps this is what Mr Letwin had in mind though.

As a side Brixton is a cracking place to eat and drink nowadays if you find yourself that way perhaps going to the Academy,well worth going there for a few hours pre gig rather than central London.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Because I have colleagues who I have mentored and witnessed this happen to them and you may call it handwringing, but I personally felt extremely angry for them as they did and I could see it was affecting the way our business was being affected...and yes it affected me personally.

Perhaps I have a different outlook on life than you...
But that isn't what you put, you wrote that you felt ''uncomfortable'' discussing the caste system , you didn't put anything about being ''angry'' , so my original point stands , handwringing at it's worst. And i have no doubt we have a different outlook on life :thumbsup: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here