Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dirty cheating Blackburn

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
At least we only have to watch them twice a season.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
True, but we tend to cheat a lot as well, which is frustrating to see.

What you mean like appealing for handball (crowd) every time the ball comes anywhere near the penalty area? Was properly hideous to witness from the away end.

- - - Updated - - -

If Blackburn were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.

If you were playing at the bottom of my garden, i'd call the Police... :lolol:

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
Agreed you could see the quality in phases. They obviously weren't confident enough to beat us by playing football though hence the poor tackling, fouling & time wasting. If we'd taken our chances we'd have buried Blackburn long before they had a chance to show themselves up for the kind of play they reserved for Arsenal and Chelsea when they were in the Prem last year.

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed you could see the quality in phases. They obviously weren't confident enough to beat us by playing football though hence the poor tackling, fouling & time wasting. If we'd taken our chances we'd have buried Blackburn long before they had a chance to show themselves up for the kind of play they reserved for Arsenal and Chelsea when they were in the Prem last year.

Wasn't confidence it was a game plan.

Either play attacking football and then be stung by your pace and ball control losing 2-1 or 3-1 or play a tried and tested tactics against a excellent team and nick a 1-0.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
Filthiest bunch of cheating, time wasting, fouling, dirty Northern bastards to have mis represented football since Leeds in the seventies. If I were a Blackburn fan I'd be ashamed and if they were geographically nearer they'd be the next Palace.

Murphy, who is now far too old, slow, dirty and f***ing useless to be attempting football should be running a pub or a bookies somewhere in Essex. He actually should have been sent off twice and I can only conclude that the referee has a huge bundle of backsheeshed rupees under his bed or was half blinded by chicken shit just before the game.

They have lost every ounce of sympathy I had for them and I can only hope that Venky's relocate them to Pune and replace Kazim-Richards with a cheap, eager Bangalore graduate.

In short, f*** off you nefarious, lucky, dirty James Blunts.

*goes to bed*

What the hell are you talking about you plonker!

You refer to the team as Northerners for a start? Do your refer to your team as players from the south? Maybe Vincente was born in Shoreham? Lopez Lancing and Bruno from Lewes?

No i am not ashamed funnily enough, we set out with a gameplan. It worked against very good opposition.
I dare say if you came up to Ewood, scored 1st and earned a capable point, you would be praising Brighton all week!

He should have been sent off twice?! Are you kidding?! What match were you watching, certainly not the one i was! :facepalm:

Should El Abd have been sent off then for preventing a clear goalscoring chance with his handball? In this little thing i like to call reality the penalty at 1-0 should have been given to Rovers, and yellow given to El Abd, but deploying your daft logic makes me think El Abd should have been sent off, and hey, maybe Upson too for his kicking the back of CKR's legs in the 1st half. Not worthy of a red, but hey, using your logic why not?!

As for the rest of your daft rant, i recomend you get tested for Tourette's syndrome.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Lua Lua got booked for foul language rather than the foul itself.

Was a foul on Jason Lowe i believe.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
"Lucky to get a point" he says

:lolol:

Yes actually.
You had good shots on target in the first half which either went wide, or were well saved by our keeper. It happens.
You didn't have anyone to finish any of your attacks though. You need to sign a more prolific finisher.
We had a chance from the Danny Murphy corner and converted it. Between then and your penalty you had chances, but didn't score.
Before your penalty when we were 1-0 up, El Abd blatently handled in the area from a Rhodes shot that would have hit the target had it not hit his waving arm.
At 2-0 down what do you think would have happened? Let me guess you would have scored 2-3 goals that you couldn't score when 1-0 down or even drawing 1-1?

Yes Albion had more of the ball. But we took our chance, and should have had a penalty at 1-0 up regardless of 'how well' you think Albion were doing during the game,

- - - Updated - - -

I can see you've got a healthy sense of humor. Must be lovely in your world. Shame you clearly know nothing whatsoever about football.

Care to explain why using logic? Or is it more a case of sticking your fingers in your ears like a petulant child and screaming "we were better then you and you cheated LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA" :facepalm:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well said? :facepalm:

^^is the above evident of Brighton fans logic, praising inaccurate info?^^ :thumbsup:

Don't start on me you little gimp. You were COMPLETELY anti-football from thye 35th min.

As for your 'pen' YERS I think it was a pen - I also saw about 3 other v good pen shouts for us - particularly the one where the guy stuck his arm out blind side of the ref right in front of the North end West Standers. you were bloody lucky and a f***ing horrendously dirty and cheating little outfit.

Shame cos I thought a team with Rhodes / Campbell / Murphy would've tried to compete with us in terms of footballing ability - truth is they were well, well short so diverted to cheating.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
Take your blinkers off Tombo. We outplayed the hell out of your "team"

Have already said the Albion outplayed us.

But outplaying a team doesn't necessarily mean you deserve to win.

If you take your chances or have someone there to take your chances then you win. If you don't, you don't win.

Simple as that really!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We outplayed you completely at Ewood. COMPLETELY.
Don't remember seeing your fans moan back then? :thumbsup:

And everyone on here said 'wow that's a point gained' etc. By all accounts we were lucky and crap that nightbut pretty sure it was more that than you being good that meant you deserved the win. We killed you Tues - absolutely murdered you.

- - - Updated - - -

Have already said the Albion outplayed us.

But outplaying a team doesn't necessarily mean you deserve to win.

If you take your chances or have someone there to take your chances then you win. If you don't, you don't win.

Simple as that really!

If you have the ref onside it helps to - as you did. Clearly.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
What the hell are you talking about you plonker!

You refer to the team as Northerners for a start? Do your refer to your team as players from the south? Maybe Vincente was born in Shoreham? Lopez Lancing and Bruno from Lewes?

No i am not ashamed funnily enough, we set out with a gameplan. It worked against very good opposition.
I dare say if you came up to Ewood, scored 1st and earned a capable point, you would be praising Brighton all week!

He should have been sent off twice?! Are you kidding?! What match were you watching, certainly not the one i was! :facepalm:

Should El Abd have been sent off then for preventing a clear goalscoring chance with his handball? In this little thing i like to call reality the penalty at 1-0 should have been given to Rovers, and yellow given to El Abd, but deploying your daft logic makes me think El Abd should have been sent off, and hey, maybe Upson too for his kicking the back of CKR's legs in the 1st half. Not worthy of a red, but hey, using your logic why not?!

As for the rest of your daft rant, i recomend you get tested for Tourette's syndrome.

- - - Updated - - -

Was a foul on Jason Lowe i believe.

:fishing: Finally caught one. Thought I'd wasted that rant for a minute.

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
Don't start on me you little gimp. You were COMPLETELY anti-football from thye 35th min.

As for your 'pen' YERS I think it was a pen - I also saw about 3 other v good pen shouts for us - particularly the one where the guy stuck his arm out blind side of the ref right in front of the North end West Standers. you were bloody lucky and a f***ing horrendously dirty and cheating little outfit.

Shame cos I thought a team with Rhodes / Campbell / Murphy would've tried to compete with us in terms of footballing ability - truth is they were well, well short so diverted to cheating.

Deary me. I am not starting on you i am just pointing out you are wrong and the person you are praising was wrong.

He said Rovers had 7 yellow cards. We had 5. You were wrong. He was wrong. Deal with it.

"I also saw about 3 other v good pen shouts for us" - Oh goodness me! What an idiot! lol!

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
And everyone on here said 'wow that's a point gained' etc. By all accounts we were lucky and crap that nightbut pretty sure it was more that than you being good that meant you deserved the win. We killed you Tues - absolutely murdered you.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have the ref onside it helps to - as you did. Clearly.

Regards 1st point: Yes already said you had vast majority of the ball. But didn't take your chances.

You don't win points for almost scoring. It didn't end Brighton and Hove Albion (almost) 3-1 Blackburn Rovers

If you don't score goals you don't win.

You think we had the referee onside? So his not giving the blatent penalty against El Abd was for what reason?

Honestly. I expect more from Brighton fans. Met fans on the night who spoke more sense then some of the people on here.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Regards 1st point: Yes already said you had vast majority of the ball. But didn't take your chances.

You don't win points for almost scoring. It didn't end Brighton and Hove Albion (almost) 3-1 Blackburn Rovers

If you don't score goals you don't win.

You think we had the referee onside? So his not giving the blatent penalty against El Abd was for what reason?

Honestly. I expect more from Brighton fans. Met fans on the night who spoke more sense then some of the people on here.

Were you blind to the 3 or 4 massive shouts for hand ball from our fans? I admitted El Abds prob was a pen (altho it wasnt deliberate so maybe technically it wasn't a pen'. If you were in the away end you wouldnt have seen the blatant move arm to ball down the other end - but trust me it looked a pen. What about the Ulloa header in the first half right in front of you - looked like the bloke blocked it with his arm and ref bottled it cos he wouldve had to go to. Then Murphy shouldve CLEARLY been sent off twice. No, i've checked, the ref def gave more decisions to you and possibly cost us the win. Now bore off, we're concentrating on Cardiff now, not your tin pot shite excuse of a club / team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You had good shots on target in the first half which either went wide, or were well saved by our keeper. It happens.
-[/COLOR]

Which game was you at as your keeper never made one decent save in the game everything just hit his head, shoulder, leg arse or wherever he didnt make a save, the luckiest keeper since the Polish clown as described by Brian Clough in 1974.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Time wasting from the 37th min. REf bottled it by not booking any of your players for doing so. Just giving Murphy a finger wag now and again.

And whilst maybe the pen was "dodgy" for us but we deserved one in the first half.

Now f*** off back to cloth caps, whippets and ferretts down yr trousers.

- - - Updated - - -

Met fans on the night who spoke more sense then some of the people on here.

Well f*** OFF THEN.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
Other teams have come to the Amex and gone away with a point or even three and whilst we might have been frustrated, the consensus was that they deserved it. That shower of would-be thugs on Tuesday certainly did not! A stronger referee who was not prepared to be intimated by Murphy, and others like the number 3,would have dealt with things in a much fairer and effective way. The bad news is that we'll probably have to play them again next year!

Tombo1984

Mar 9, 2011
Were you blind to the 3 or 4 massive shouts for hand ball from our fans? I admitted El Abds prob was a pen (altho it wasnt deliberate so maybe technically it wasn't a pen'. If you were in the away end you wouldnt have seen the blatant move arm to ball down the other end - but trust me it looked a pen. What about the Ulloa header in the first half right in front of you - looked like the bloke blocked it with his arm and ref bottled it cos he wouldve had to go to. Then Murphy shouldve CLEARLY been sent off twice. No, i've checked, the ref def gave more decisions to you and possibly cost us the win. Now bore off, we're concentrating on Cardiff now, not your tin pot shite excuse of a club / team.

As i have said above. Heard the shouts from the Brighton fans (embarassing), not even your own players appealed for pens.
Worth noting that there is a huge monitor above the north stand that replays everything of note. It replayed the Markus Olsson handball, it replayed the action in which Brighton were involved in, and i never saw a handball, neither were any of these "good shouts" shown on highlights or extended highlights of the match. Which is kind of interesting as they all replayed the El Abd handball that wasn't given.

The first one you refer to i haven't seen and nobody but you has mentioned.
As for Grant Hanley's chesting down of the ball from the Ulloa header that's exactly what it was... No hand involved.

As for the fouls etc and the ref costing you the game. Apart from the penalty he didn't give us which was stonewall. I thought he had a alright game...

As for the rest of your rubbish. I'm sorry i didn't realise i was blocking forum traffic posting in the Cardiff match topic? Oh... I'm not... So what's the problem? :lolol:

- - - Updated - - -

-[/COLOR]

Which game was you at as your keeper never made one decent save in the game everything just hit his head, shoulder, leg arse or wherever he didnt make a save, the luckiest keeper since the Polish clown as described by Brian Clough in 1974.

:rolleyes::facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here