Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Direct & General in Brighton - Anyone here work there?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
But that's just me. You might have a totally different perspective, outlook and personality to me. If you do, you'll be fine. If you don't, all the best.

Been as honest as I can there. All the best though, you might find you like it and get on really well, there's no reason why not. The training week is a great laugh atleast!

Fair play, and I appreciate the honesty. I'll go along tomorrow, have a look, and if I like what I see, magic. If not, then I'll keep looking. I'm not looking to get into a shit job for the sake of it, especially when I have to pay £60 a week to get there!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

Fair play, and I appreciate the honesty. I'll go along tomorrow, have a look, and if I like what I see, magic. If not, then I'll keep looking. I'm not looking to get into a shit job for the sake of it, especially when I have to pay £60 a week to get there!!!

£60 ?? Are you flying in?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Always better to have a job than not to. I hope it goes well for you mate, whether that means getting the job or not.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The 700 Megarider ticket will cost you £73.50 per month, about half the cost per week of the train.

not a bad shout at all. Can also then use it for Albion games if drivers get sniffy about my ST!!

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Theres a few places in Worthing similar to D & G that might be worth sending you cv to. EDF energy and Overline spring to mind.

Jimmy Grimble

Best of luck mate. Everyone slags em off but I had some of best laughs of my working life at a call centre. Usually crawling with cracking clunge as well.

There's truth in this as well. The first six months I had at D&G were full-time; I made a few good friends and had some brilliant laughs in that spell. Myself and a mate abused the system quite a bit (and eventually got disciplined for it!), made a fair wedge of commission and the days seemed to fly by. Unfortunately it didn't carry on like that :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it's Domestic & General you'll love it.

I did some work for them for a few months.

You will feel so motivated and think the tasks are so worthwhile.

It will be a wonderful experience for you.

The senior staff are incredibly knowledgeable, and the products are based on things the entire country is dependent on.

Good luck , you'll feel refreshed every time you walk out of the door at 8pm.

Tim = Comedy genius, that is very funny

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Decided against in the end. Bunch of bloody cowboys!!! Not my idea of a job at all - calling 500 people, and 499 telling you to f*** off!!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Interestingly I looked at L&G's website last night and looks like they are recruiting at the moment, might be worth a look. [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION]

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I realise I'm a bit late with this tidbit, but I met someone there nearly 6 years ago and she's now my wife. So it's not all bad!

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Ironically, that's who I thought I was applying to initially [MENTION=4667]Munkfish[/MENTION]!!!! Had a retarded 5 minutes, then when they called me I thought "oh well, give it a go". :D

D

Deleted User X18H

There's truth in this as well. The first six months I had at D&G were full-time; I made a few good friends and had some brilliant laughs in that spell. Myself and a mate abused the system quite a bit (and eventually got disciplined for it!), made a fair wedge of commission and the days seemed to fly by. Unfortunately it didn't carry on like that :lolol:

Really?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here