Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Direct & General in Brighton - Anyone here work there?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I have an interview with them tomorrow, does anyone here work for them? What are they like as a company (honestly!)?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Legal and general? Or domestic and General, not heard of Direct & General. Domestic and general is what was ink fish I think and just a sales call centre. Good luck with whoever its with, I'm sure it will bring good experience.

D

Deleted User X18H

I have an interview with them tomorrow, does anyone here work for them? What are they like as a company (honestly!)?

If it's Domestic & General you'll love it.

I did some work for them for a few months.

You will feel so motivated and think the tasks are so worthwhile.

It will be a wonderful experience for you.

The senior staff are incredibly knowledgeable, and the products are based on things the entire country is dependent on.

Good luck , you'll feel refreshed every time you walk out of the door at 8pm.

Jimmy Grimble

The senior staff are incredibly knowledgeable, and the products are based on things the entire country is dependent on.

:lolol:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪

Bullshitometer.jpg

You're telling fibs aren't you? ???

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

I work there part-time while I'm studying at University. Judging by your post I'm not sure you're aware, but it is a call centre. If you do get a job, you'll likely be selling some kind of warranty. The hours are 12-8, and I think you have to work every third Saturday (I'm not 100% sure on this because it doesn't apply to me).

If you're desperate for a job or if it's your first/second ever job - then it'll do, but it's really not a career move, IMHO!

Assuming your interview is at 12, I'll see you tomorrow because the interviewees are made to wait in the foyer.

Oh, and you'll get the job as long as you come across as being willing and a confident/clear speaker. Good luck :thumbsup:

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I work there part-time while I'm studying at University. Judging by your post I'm not sure you're aware, but it is a call centre. If you do get a job, you'll likely be selling some kind of warranty. The hours are 12-8, and I think you have to work every third Saturday (I'm not 100% sure on this because it doesn't apply to me).

If you're desperate for a job or if it's your first/second ever job - then it'll do, but it's really not a career move, IMHO!

Assuming your interview is at 12, I'll see you tomorrow because the interviewees are made to wait in the foyer.

Oh, and you'll get the job as long as you come across as being willing and a confident/clear speaker. Good luck :thumbsup:

Yep, it is Domestic and General - I was distracted when I was typing!!

I just need a job to be fair, I've been on long term sick, and my previous employer isn't sure if there is a job to go back to. And yeah, my interview is at half twelve tomorrow!! I'll be the fat lad in the dark purple shirt, shaking ever so slightly (I'm terrified of interviews!!!)

D

Deleted User X18H

Yep, it is Domestic and General - I was distracted when I was typing!!

I just need a job to be fair, I've been on long term sick, and my previous employer isn't sure if there is a job to go back to. And yeah, my interview is at half twelve tomorrow!! I'll be the fat lad in the dark purple shirt, shaking ever so slightly (I'm terrified of interviews!!!)

The most pressing question they'll ask you is - when can you start?

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
The most pressing question they'll ask you is - when can you start?

That bad huh? Concerning.....any employer that is that desperate for staff that they don't give a monkeys who they're taking on is a bit of a worry if I'm honest :(

D

Deleted User X18H

That bad huh? Concerning.....any employer that is that desperate for staff that they don't give a monkeys who they're taking on is a bit of a worry if I'm honest :(

Maybe. You do what you have to do. It suited my situation at the time. Above all it is something on the old CV. Some of it is FSA Regulated and you can pick up a few things.

Bide your time.

It's a bit of a trek from Worthing though.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Maybe. You do what you have to do. It suited my situation at the time. Above all it is something on the old CV. Some of it is FSA Regulated and you can pick up a few things.

Bide your time.

It's a bit of a trek from Worthing though.

Nah, it's a piece of cake for me - either EW station to Brighton, straight down queens road, or my favoured option (with iPod and book) 700 from the end of my road, to Churchill and cross the road. 40 minutes tops at that time of day!!!

And it's an option at this point, I have a couple of other interviews lined up, plus waiting on my old job too, but they've shown a keen interest - application to second interview in 24 hours!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Don't you dare start cold calling me - whatever it is I don't want it !!!!!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I worked there at the start of the year and couldn't handle it. I was in the outbound sales and hated every minute of it. Unrealistic sales targets for base rate commission and very long hours. I developed my onoy ever throat infection working there and didn't like the environment at all. I was in the outbound department, if you're in the inbound it will be ok but outbound... Christ. Hated it.

Someone mentioned Qualifa, I worked there too for a while and someone on here works for them (other than the poster!). It is relaxed, business to business and the hours are better with no weekends. Commission is possible to earn with the work, casual dress code and nice setting. If you can get yourself in there, you'll be better off.

Domestic and General is good experience, you have to work at these places to understand what a miserable experience actually is. Meeting [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION] was an obvious highlight, as was the third floor balcony. Other than that? I looked forward to break time so I could do something positive, like sit on the can.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Best of luck mate. Everyone slags em off but I had some of best laughs of my working life at a call centre. Usually crawling with cracking clunge as well.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I worked there at the start of the year and couldn't handle it. I was in the outbound sales and hated every minute of it. Unrealistic sales targets for base rate commission and very long hours. I developed my onoy ever throat infection working there and didn't like the environment at all. I was in the outbound department, if you're in the inbound it will be ok but outbound... Christ. Hated it.

Someone mentioned Qualifa, I worked there too for a while and someone on here works for them (other than the poster!). It is relaxed, business to business and the hours are better with no weekends. Commission is possible to earn with the work, casual dress code and nice setting. If you can get yourself in there, you'll be better off.

Domestic and General is good experience, you have to work at these places to understand what a miserable experience actually is. Meeting [MENTION=1991]hove born&bred[/MENTION] was an obvious highlight, as was the third floor balcony. Other than that? I looked forward to break time so I could do something positive, like sit on the can.

:sick::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::shootself

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

But that's just me. You might have a totally different perspective, outlook and personality to me. If you do, you'll be fine. If you don't, all the best.

Been as honest as I can there. All the best though, you might find you like it and get on really well, there's no reason why not. The training week is a great laugh atleast!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here