The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Don't panic, people.

I rang the club this morning as the payment for one of the new season tickets we've got for next season hasn't come out yet. Mine had gone out ok but not the new one.
They told me that they'll be taking 2 payments out in May so this will probably apply to some on here whose payment hasn't been taken this month.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My young Grandson received a letter today from Barclays stating he had been charged £8 for having insufficient funds for the DD to BHA required in March.

Did anyone get the DD dates that was promised ten days before the first payment would be taken, I know I didn't.

It states 1/4/14 on the season ticket renewal letter.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
All very poor really. I would have expected the club to send out an emailed communication to all DD ‘customers’ advising them they are aware of the issue and are looking into it along with their banks. Responding to a post on the ‘Ask the club’ forum on NSC, which I, and I’d guess quite a few other ‘customers' rarely read, is simply not good enough. I/we get enough emails from the club about every other subject.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Direct Debits are another banking scam, unless you are rich and can keep a decent buffer in credit you will get caught out. And even then keeping a £100 in an account is free money for the bank to loan to someone else.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
All very poor really. I would have expected the club to send out an emailed communication to all DD ‘customers’ advising them they are aware of the issue and are looking into it along with their banks. Responding to a post on the ‘Ask the club’ forum on NSC, which I, and I’d guess quite a few other ‘customers' rarely read, is simply not good enough. I/we get enough emails from the club about every other subject.

Exactly.

We get crap emails telling us to buy old shirts, sign up for this, that and the other, but on a point which has cost fans money, silence. Zilch, nada.

Poor, very poor.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Currently looking for a carpet to sweep it under.

Yep, if you talk to the bank they state that they take payments on the dates the companies request. So it is a club error but they are not admitting it.

Direct Debit – How it works

Once you have become a service user, you have a choice of two ways of setting up Direct Debit Instructions to collect payments from your customers, this can be done by taking paper Instructions or by using paperless Direct Debit. You should also consider the additional services available that can help save on administration time and reduce costs.

To collect Direct Debit payments you submit your payment data - including amount of each payment, bank account numbers, sort codes and dates – via a bureau or direct access depending on which method you choose.

The data is sorted into payments to each of the banks and then transmitted to each institution. This data is downloaded into their computer systems and debited from the relevant customers' accounts and credited to yours.

The entire process is simple and efficient - and it takes less than three days from start to finish.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Mine came out early as well however, yet again, they haven't claimed for my 2 boys tickets. The last time this happened and I provided proof that the money was there but they literally didn't claim for it I was told it would still be treated as a 'failed DD' and I was liable for the £10 fine. Class act

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Mine came out early as well however, yet again, they haven't claimed for my 2 boys tickets. The last time this happened and I provided proof that the money was there but they literally didn't claim for it I was told it would still be treated as a 'failed DD' and I was liable for the £10 fine. Class act

Barclays have confirmed this morning that the club are responsible and not the banks. The date of payment is controlled by the merchant as they referred to the them.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yep, if you talk to the bank they state that they take payments on the dates the companies request. So it is a club error but they are not admitting it.

Direct Debit – How it works

Once you have become a service user, you have a choice of two ways of setting up Direct Debit Instructions to collect payments from your customers, this can be done by taking paper Instructions or by using paperless Direct Debit. You should also consider the additional services available that can help save on administration time and reduce costs.

To collect Direct Debit payments you submit your payment data - including amount of each payment, bank account numbers, sort codes and dates – via a bureau or direct access depending on which method you choose.

The data is sorted into payments to each of the banks and then transmitted to each institution. This data is downloaded into their computer systems and debited from the relevant customers' accounts and credited to yours.

The entire process is simple and efficient - and it takes less than three days from start to finish.

Alomost certainly, but banks definitely get this wrong sometimes. Clients (in this case the club) can submit the data in advance to the bank (if they are not self-submitting), who have been known to process it a day or two early..........

Yoda

English & European

Really? That's a bit off. I've had similar issue's with mine, but have never been charge by the club.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Really? That's a bit off. I've had similar issue's with mine, but have never been charge by the club.

Yep it's still outstanding because I'm not going to pay it. As a result the card is blocked.
Incidentally my other sons card was blocked on Saturday for no reason. They eventually unblocked it ten minutes after kick off......

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I finally got a reply from my email

Thank you for your email

The April payment should have debited on the 1st April – but due to a direct-debit processing error, payments were processed a day early. We apologise for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Kind regards

Supporter Services

T: 0844 327 1901
E: Supporter.services@bhafc.co.uk

Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
American Express Community Stadium, Village Way, Brighton BN1 9BL

Official website: www.seagulls.co.uk

Twitter - @officialbhafc
Facebook - Officialbhafc

So that's alright then!! :annoyed:

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Shocking response, “direct-debit processing error”, need somebody who has been hit with bank charges to contact the club and find out what they hell they going to do about compensation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here