Digital Switchover

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
sorry, but its the price of progress. if they didnt have a fixed switch over we'd have decades of a two tier system. im glad they've decided to just get on with it. i think those who plead dumb about it will soon enough understand the day their area switches off analogue, and im sure Tescos/Sainsbury's etc will be stacked up with £20 digi boxes that week.

about the aerial, unless you live in a spot with particularly tricky signal, an aerial in the roof space will do the job and much easier to DIY ( those in flats might be a bit snookered though).

Ask the landlord to replace the TV aerial as you are being deprived of you basic human rights , that may work.

:lolol: I'm not convinced having a television is a basic human right!

Re my earlier comment about feeling sorry for the old people, what I actually meant was 'it'll be quite funny'. :goingtohell:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:lolol: I'm not convinced having a television is a basic human right!

Re my earlier comment about feeling sorry for the old people, what I actually meant was 'it'll be quite funny'. :goingtohell:

how come nearly all the asylum seekers and refugees get a TV with satellite channels from their home country ?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
If you have Sky downstairs you could always buy a wireless magic eye gizmo on e-bay which will allow you to watch Sky in your room , the only problem is you have to watch what is on downstairs at the same time. A new TV aerial on the roof with decent co-ax cable will get you all the channels on a freeview box but there again you might need to use a booster if you are planning to hook up more than one box to the aerial. Ask the landlord to replace the TV aerial as you are being deprived of you basic human rights , that may work.

Bearing in mind this week alone he has had an electrician in to sort out some really dodgy electrics, fitted a new washing machine after ours broke three weeks ago, and got some damp proofing in all of our rooms as our clothes in our wardrobes and beds have been going mouldy for the last 3 years, I don't think he'll be in any rush to pay for a new aerial!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bearing in mind this week alone he has had an electrician in to sort out some really dodgy electrics, fitted a new washing machine after ours broke three weeks ago, and got some damp proofing in all of our rooms as our clothes in our wardrobes and beds have been going mouldy for the last 3 years, I don't think he'll be in any rush to pay for a new aerial!
watch out he will be putting the rent up soon :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports