Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital Switchover

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Anyone else getting their analogue signal switched off soon? Just got the letter through saying it's going on the 25th March :angry:

So annoyed! We've got sky downstairs, but i can't afford to have another telly box being put in my room! Tried getting freeview, but the aerial on our roof won't work - and the landlord won't fix it.

Just another way for people to make money. Grr.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Anyone else getting their analogue signal switched off soon? Just got the letter through saying it's going on the 25th March :angry:

So annoyed! We've got sky downstairs, but i can't afford to have another telly box being put in my room! Tried getting freeview, but the aerial on our roof won't work - and the landlord won't fix it.

Get a Freeview box, won't cost much on Ebay. You might need a signal booster too but they aren't too expensive either.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I got a thing through my door today about needing to rescan my digibox for the channels as they were doing some work to a local transmitter.

That was due to happen 25th March, but it didn't say anything about turning off the analogue signal, are you sure you didn't get confused Laura?

The whole Meridian region isn't actually due to switch until 2012 so you should be alright for a few years yet

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I guess those of us in the Meridian area will have to wait a few years. The date is currently set to 2012. The good news about that is by then the prices will be lower.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The price isn't high as it is!

You can get a digital freeview box for £20!

How much more do you want the price to come down?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
The price isn't high as it is!

You can get a digital freeview box for £20!

How much more do you want the price to come down?

When seeing as it is a Freeview Box FREE would be nice.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Ooops, got it wrong, they're only switching off channel 5, which won't being a problem seeing as it's rubbish!

My bad!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
It's only channel five on analogue that they are stopping from Rowridge on the 25th. Maybe they will have cable or Sky all over in your new digs Laura. Stalker alert! :bigwave:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I feel sorry for all the old people that blatantly are going to have no idea about all this switchover stuff, and turn their telly one day to a big, blank NOTHING.

Yeah, the BBC have only done about 15 advertising capaigns about it so far.:angry:

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Tried getting freeview, but the aerial on our roof won't work - and the landlord won't fix it.

We haven't got an aerial at all as we are on cable, but a very cheap indoor aerial plugged into our feeview box works a treat.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I feel sorry for all the old people that blatantly are going to have no idea about all this switchover stuff, and turn their telly one day to a big, blank NOTHING.

You're not wrong. Recently I have been working for the Dixons Stores Group fixing PC but mainly televisions (a joke because I know nothing about the latter) and most of the pensioners and quite a few younger people are clueless about the digital switch over.

Oh, my advice, don't ever buy a TV from Currys or Dixons as I know how crap most of their repairmen are !

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

If you have Sky downstairs you could always buy a wireless magic eye gizmo on e-bay which will allow you to watch Sky in your room , the only problem is you have to watch what is on downstairs at the same time. A new TV aerial on the roof with decent co-ax cable will get you all the channels on a freeview box but there again you might need to use a booster if you are planning to hook up more than one box to the aerial. Ask the landlord to replace the TV aerial as you are being deprived of you basic human rights , that may work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here