Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Digital Stadium Albion app

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What does this app do? I've left my phone at school, so no chance of downloading it, but intrigued by it.

It shares content between phones running the app. So, if only 1 phone is able to get a signal, all other phones in an overloaded area will be able to get the data that the single phone can pull down.

The data set is limited but highly relevant to a stadium crowd - other scores, related tweets and transport details for example.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
This is done in association with Sussex University so they may start upsetting some people (research funders) if they did that. Plus I've never even heard of Cydia, but then again I'm old.

Why would it upset anyone?

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
Why would it upset anyone?

It was just a thought. I have nothing to do with the app and know nothing about Cydia, as I said before, but I'm would guess they would want to get the thing right with an official Apple app first where they would have a larger market.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It worked better than ever today. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
It was almost functionless today on iPhone 4s in WSU. Several attempts to use between 2.15 and 5.30, only one, at end of half-time) yielding any new data (and that after several minutes).

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Was hopeless in West Stand on IPhone 5 today on Vodafone. But worked okay on my sons IPhone 4 on O2.

Dont know why that is.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Logged on at 2.20 on the way to the Amex, and worked reasonably well throughout the game, although a little slow at half time, on my Iphone 5C. I'm in the north stand.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
It was the first time I've been able to check scores, tables etc since going to the Amex. Always try to check in bus queue after the game, and, until today have never had any joy. This was on an iPhone 5S. 😬

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Did nothing for me today but, seeing as I'm still stuck in the east, I was surrounded by people checking their social networks to find out whether it was time to cheer. :flypig:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
worked fantastically well for me today in the WSU...first experience was a very pleasing one!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here