Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Difficult to live on £500 a week??

So will this amount be available to those wishing to enter from other EEC states ie those wishiing to take up residency in Soft touch Britain?.Please be aware that the streets of london are no longer paved with gold but now paved with Sleeping bags, carboard boxes and big issue sellers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It would be difficult to live on £500 a week if the landlord can get away with asking for £400 a week rent. Housing benefit needs to be capped so unscrupulous landlords cant rip the tax payers off.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
Depends how many of you there are and where you live? London will become the domain of only those earning high wages and even if you are born and raised there, will have to go to Cleethorpes if you are disabled or unemployed.

Brighton is also expensive so look out those of you who are unlucky to lose your job - move up North!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Depends how many of you there are and where you live? London will become the domain of only those earning high wages and even if you are born and raised there, will have to go to Cleethorpes if you are disabled or unemployed.

Brighton is also expensive so look out those of you who are unlucky to lose your job - move up North!

The coalition plans are to relocate the long term workshy unemployed to Merseyside so that all the scroungers in society are kept in one place. :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It would be difficult to live on £500 a week if the landlord can get away with asking for £400 a week rent. Housing benefit needs to be capped so unscrupulous landlords cant rip the tax payers off.

Yawn ...... it is capped. Now show me somewhere to rent that costs £400 per WEEK that isn't a a very decent family home ( if a family needed that much space then their benefit would be higher anyway ) or an apartment in a very nice area. Howabout we use facts rather than some spurious idea formed when you were drunk or high ?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I am sure capping benefits will help the Conservatives in their long term planning of forming unemployed ghettos.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I am sure capping benefits will help the Conservatives in their long term planning of forming unemployed ghettos.

how? no really, how will the one lead to the other? i can see wealthy ghettos forming in desirable areas with the social claimants moved on. people who work on low incomes cant afford to live in nice fancy areas, why should the unemployed.

@ Westdene Seagull, £400pw will price you out of central London, but thats about. which rather shows your point.

HackneyMan

Sep 21, 2010
Here I am, ready, willing and able to work paying Greater London prices and its before 6.00AM...love to earn that much...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here