Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Die for your country?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
East & West Sussex are merely boundaries drawn up by government pen pushers. f*** 'em...It's SUSSEX. You know how the song goes!

Fully agree with you rgarding the Kent invasion force. I believe Looney is going to be drawing up an army to take back Tunbridge Wells by force. They can keep the rest.

The rest can be torched, theres nothing worh saving east of TW and that applies to the north of kent as well, leyton, essex, suffolk and Nerdfolk.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
"Nobody ever won a war by dying for their country. You win a war but getting some other poor sucker to die for theirs!"

(Some American General)

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
Mental Lental said:
If an army was invading - yes.
If the government told me go to die in another country - no way.

yer im with mental

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Die for your country? And just which country is that then?

There are too many good-for-nothing, sponging, layabouts here.
It's just not England any more. Close all borders to assylum seekers, what's wrong with the rest of Europe?
I grew up in England, it's more like a United World now.
Until it becomes England again, you've got to be joking. There's no way on earth that I'd die protecting foreigners.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
At the risk of sounding either rash or naive, yes, I think I would.

Although I'm extremely grateful to have lived in a time of comparative peace, it would allow me and thousands of other men to discover whether they really are as brave as their fathers and grandfathers were.

Given the alternative of growing older to face eventual death knowing that I lacked the courage to be prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice, perhaps death would be both the more preferable and honourable option.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Everest said:
Die for your country? And just which country is that then?

There are too many good-for-nothing, sponging, layabouts here.
It's just not England any more. Close all borders to assylum seekers, what's wrong with the rest of Europe?
I grew up in England, it's more like a United World now.
Until it becomes England again, you've got to be joking. There's no way on earth that I'd die protecting foreigners.

lucky our grandfather's didn't think like that isn't it? or perhaps you think they were daft to go off and fight two world wars

:dunce: :dunce:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
My father (God bless him) flew bombers in the war AP.

England has changed a hell of a lot since then. Would these assylum seekers die for England? I think not.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
I think we have a habit of romanticising the wars of the past. We have in our head ranks and ranks of gung-ho, for-queen-and-country, bull dog-spirited Brits lining up to go off, fight and die for Britannia. I wonder if in truth they weren't more then just a little pissed off at the prospect of being sent to their deaths in wave after wave for some cause they didn't properly understand, not through any fault of their own. I doubt they would have been any more eager to die for a government which did f*** all for a great many of them as many of us now. The difference is, they faced death if they refused to go.

This isn't in any way meant to discredit the efforts and achievements of our fathers - God knows they're all heroes, and deserve a hell of a lot more recognition than they get, but I think the idea of thousands marching gallantly off to unquestionably die for St George, is probably a little simplified, and in no small way belittles their courage.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Everest said:
My father (God bless him) flew bombers in the war AP.

England has changed a hell of a lot since then. Would these assylum seekers die for England? I think not.

well who knows. you've obviously made up your mind about them haven't you? funny, when i see all the layabout spongers the majority of 'em seem to be english

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
berkshire seagull said:
Yeah i can just picture us going off to war while refuges etc are here sponging.

:smokin: :clap: :clap: :clap2:

During the Second World War this country was full of refugees.

Free French, Poles, Dutch, Czechs who managed to escape and fight alongside our blokes

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Its what I do best!
'Dont push me or or I'll give you a war you wont beleive'

Defend country - yes
fight silly foreign war - no

hey hold on...thats not like Rambo?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Rambo said:
Its what I do best!
'Dont push me or or I'll give you a war you wont beleive'

Defend country - yes
fight silly foreign war - no

hey hold on...thats not like Rambo?

lol:clap2:

rambo would NEVER die in any war. what kind of film would that be?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here