Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Die for your country?

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
If an army was invading - yes.
If the government told me go to die in another country - no way.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Erm... those in the Army don't really get a choice. I'd bet that most of them don't think they'll be giving their lives for their country when they join.

The no. of applicants sharply decreases when there is/just has been a war on.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
If we were fighting a war against a modern day nazi party, but in the far east, would you fight for the good of the far eastern minorities or would you leave them to sort their own mess out?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
WiltsRoyal said:
Erm... those in the Army don't really get a choice. I'd bet that most of them don't think they'll be giving their lives for their country when they join.

I said in the army. If you are in the army then you a willing to give your life up??
I don't know, i'm not so i can't really make a clear judgement but it seems sensible enough?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
If I was in the Army then yeah it would be my duty...but theres no way I'm gonna die for that Bush licking Blair wanker of a tit wank poo :mad:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I said in the army. If you are in the army then you a willing to give your life up??
I don't know, i'm not so i can't really make a clear judgement but it seems sensible enough?

True... nor me. I can't really give a clear judgement either. I wouldn't give me life, as it stands at the moment, which is probably why I didn't bother with the Army despite my Dad and sister going down that route. Civvy at heart, me. :)

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
dying for this country (ie. Great Britain and Northern Ireland) would mean dying for Wales, Portsmouth and West Sussex.

Overall I'm quite happy to see those places invaded. As they say, a change is as good as a rest.

But for EAST SUSSEX? I'd fight to the death (join the Kent Invasion Force here)

:flameboun

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I would definately fight if we were under threat of invasion and our liberty was at risk. I fI was told to go and fight abroad, like Iraq, or a vietnam, for example then no f***ing chance!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
teaboy said:
dying for this country (ie. Great Britain and Northern Ireland) would mean dying for Wales, Portsmouth and West Sussex.

Overall I'm quite happy to see those places invaded. As they say, a change is as good as a rest.

But for EAST SUSSEX? I'd fight to the death (join the Kent Invasion Force here)

:flameboun

East & West Sussex are merely boundaries drawn up by government pen pushers. f*** 'em...It's SUSSEX. You know how the song goes!

Fully agree with you rgarding the Kent invasion force. I believe Looney is going to be drawing up an army to take back Tunbridge Wells by force. They can keep the rest.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I have already done my stint serving as a Wren following on in my Dad's footsteps. He did 33 years in the Royal Navy including the Second World War.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
WiltsRoyal said:

Er no, the number of applicants actually rises, unless its after a defeat but even then it may rise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here