Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did your ****ing suitcase buy a train ticket ?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Was some classics on the coast way services on Saturday.

Couple of middle class, in their 30s, 'hiking' looking lot, with a few bags each, walking sticks, etc, spread over a table, and 2 seats. Lots of huffing and puffing when they were asked to move them, or put it on their laps.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Was some classics on the coast way services on Saturday.

Couple of middle class, in their 30s, 'hiking' looking lot, with a few bags each, walking sticks, etc, spread over a table, and 2 seats. Lots of huffing and puffing when they were asked to move them, or put it on their laps.

Ah, the classic day-trippers. They act like you have ruined their entire day out when you ask them to move up.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Absolutely textbook. I assume his music was on a little too loud and/or he made phone calls that really could have waited?

In fairness, music not loud and he didn't have any take away food so probably 7 at best on the sphincter scale....

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Oh I love this thread. People on public transport really get me. My three biggest bug bears -

1) Fold Up Bikes/Non Fold Up bikes put by doors. Why would you do this? I have been known to get to my stop, if the doors are opening on the side of the bike across them I will wait to see if anyone claims it. If they don't and it is obstructing the whole door I will open them, and then move the bike off the train so I can get passed and not put it back on. It is up to that person to look after their belongings. I have also received numerous bruises from people with the fold up bikes using them as a battering ram in rush hour

2) The man with the drink problem on my bus. Every day during rush hour he will get on with a can of beer, sit with his back agaist the window and legs across two seats and refuse to move for anyone. I get on before him so doesn't personally effect me but always watch as another person tries to take him on.

3) A woman and her daughter speaking really loudly on my bus about their train journey. The daughter said how a man had asked her to turn her music down. The mother asked for more details. It transpired that she wasn't even using headphones and just playing it on loudspeaker through her phone. Did the mother tell her to be more aware of other people? No, she said 'Well, if you weren't in the quiet carriage I hope you told him to go f**k himself.'

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Must confess if he did that on an early morning London commuter train he would end up wearing his bag.

I beg to differ. Up as far as Gatwick, he would get a polite 'would you mind moving your bag please, I'd like to sit down ?' plus a serious amount of tuttage, and all the nearby passengers violently raising an eyebrow and glancing at each other in a knowing manner. It's only when the train got to East Croydon (probably in the Selhurst area) that things would get nasty.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Has anyone come across the biggish lad who seems to spend most of his day travelling on Southern Rail? He's partially blind with a white stick and a little special. Lovely guy, but if you start talking to him the journey does seem to get a whole lot longer.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I beg to differ. Up as far as Gatwick, he would get a polite 'would you mind moving your bag please, I'd like to sit down ?' plus a serious amount of tuttage, and all the nearby passengers violently raising an eyebrow and glancing at each other in a knowing manner. It's only when the train got to East Croydon (probably in the Selhurst area) that things would get nasty.
:lolol:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
One of my favourites was Dhaka airport in Bangladesh in 1996. There were only two blokes on the desk dealing with two flights and they took all the passports off us going to London and put them in a carrier bag to deal with afterwards. We could all see what was going to happen but they didn't and then the penny dropped. They didn't know whoe passport was whose. So they walked around the lounge looking at the photos and comparing them to people's faces. ****ing comical. Luckily I was the only ginger person. The flight was delayed by half an hour as a result.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I am to blame, slightly.
Had to go up north once, first train journey in years. Virgin train out of London to Scotland and only a few stops. Prebooked seat. Got on early and found my seat had a table plus three other seats. I spread out with files and laptop using up all available space. But as departure got closer the train filled up including the three seats next to me. In the end I gave up trying to work and just got a book out. Did not though get in any bodies way.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You want your bag tight in your lap when the train pulls in at E. Croydon. A lot of scum really do get on there, you can tell the difference straight away.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
You want your bag tight in your lap when the train pulls in at E. Croydon. A lot of scum really do get on there, you can tell the difference straight away.

Am sat at E Croydon at this minute. We're heading South so all the dodgy ones have just got off the train.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I have been known to get to my stop, if the doors are opening on the side of the bike across them I will wait to see if anyone claims it. If they don't and it is obstructing the whole door I will open them, and then move the bike off the train so I can get passed and not put it back on.

That sounds brilliant :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Am sat at E Croydon at this minute. We're heading South so all the dodgy ones have just got off the train.

Ah, that's lovely going South when they all get off. Like when the teacher removes the dickhead kid from class and you can all return to normal.

Scunner

Feb 26, 2012
Near Heathfield
Last night's one was a classic...Fat hopper reading her Kindle, in the middle of three commuter seats on SEastern to Hastings, seat nearest the window occupied by her nose bag and handbag, available seat being the aisle one. I sat down, an action that made her pimply arm wobble necessitating the she move it to to a space more proximate to the seat she was in...and she had the gall to look at me as if I were the aggressor...terrible. Should fat people pay more anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here