Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you ever watch the Albion play at the Goldstone

Did yo see the Albion play at The Goldstone?

• Total voters

Irish Gin

Oct 20, 2014
Brighton
My First Game was West Ham in 1991 at The Goldstone we won 1-0 Johnny Byrne, in the South Stand as was a young lad. Fans on & off the pitch all game. Then it was Millwall at Home in the P/O semi, we won 4-1. Fans on & off the pitch all game. Thought it was like that every week....then we lost 1-3 to Notts County at Wembley and cue the downward spiral - We need Barry Lloyd back for the Semi's if we finish in the P/O this year, at least we will get to wembley :albion2:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
My First Game was West Ham in 1991 at The Goldstone we won 1-0 Johnny Byrne, in the South Stand as was a young lad. Fans on & off the pitch all game. Then it was Millwall at Home in the P/O semi, we won 4-1. Fans on & off the pitch all game. Thought it was like that every week....then we lost 1-3 to Notts County at Wembley and cue the downward spiral - We need Barry Lloyd back for the Semi's if we finish in the P/O this year, at least we will get to wembley :albion2:

And guess who was playing for West Ham that day...Chris Hughton

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
First game was 9th February 1974. BHA 1-1 Grimsby Town

Never stopped going until the bitter, bitter end.

[YT]6Pr4WA_GB9Q[/YT]

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
1st game was in 1995 aged 12 , Canvey Island in Cup replay.
We won I remember, can't remember the score but loved it.
Went back for a bunch of the games that's season, can't remember us winning another....

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Saw Brighton v mighty rams quite a way back, Barnet in the last season and a few others that I can't remember. Even saw Alan Pardew playing there for Spurs.....

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
First game about 1966. My Grandpa took me and we stood behind the South stand goal. It must have been a midweek match because the only thing I can remember about it was thinking how tall the flood light towers were.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
There must be quite of few Albion fans who never did, when will it become the majority I wonder?

Edit Whoops, didn't mean to go West Indian in the Poll question..

Hopefully not in my lifetime, unless there is a sudden cull of the older Albion fans, who remember the other good times :)

Eric Potts as the ultimate supersub, as an example :)

Can't quite get my head around it but I think you'll be better off if you are still alive when the day comes that more fans have not been to the Goldstone to see us play than have.

Current scores on the poll suggest that almost all NSC users are over the age of 20.

There must be at least 4000 Brighton fans under 19 who definitely could not have seen us there and only a handful of them have voted on this poll. Where are yer? Let's be 'avin yer!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
You should run a poll on who saw us play home games at Gillingham.... then we will really find out who the JCL's are???

:facepalm::moo:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You should run a poll on who saw us play home games at Gillingham.... then we will really find out who the JCL's are???

:facepalm::moo:

I suggest most on NSC were there, certainly the ones who go back to early NSC days.

A poll might end up like music venues that held 200 people for a band's early iconic performance where thousands claim to have been there :lolol:

I think NSC has more than twice as many members than made up an average home crowd at Gillingham. EDIT I take that back I had no idea NSC had over 23000 members now :eek:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
My very first game at the Goldstone was back in the early 70's.

Our family moved down from High Wycombe when I was ten years old and my Dad, being a mad footy fan, took me to see the Albion as soon as he possibly could. Very quickly we tranfered our support from Wycombe Wanderers to the Albion and I've never ever looked back.

My Dad sadly passed away quite a few years ago so he never got to see the Amex in all it's glory, but I will forever be grateful for him for taking me to the Goldstone, it changed my life.

Thanks Dad

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Hopefully not in my lifetime, unless there is a sudden cull of the older Albion fans, who remember the other good times :)

Eric Potts as the ultimate supersub, as an example :)

i thought the supersub was toby announced :facepalm: sorry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here