Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did you boo at half and/or at fulltime?

Shoppers

Jul 14, 2013
Like the majority I would not boo but will not applaud a team that lacked any sign of effort. But just to add the support was generally rubbish. For the first ten minutes all I could hear were people talking about their day at work or what they had planned latter. No cheering or singing, players are more temperamental than supporters, do we not relies why we are called supporters maybe we should be called critics, then we can boo. I'd rather stay being a supporter because when we do get behind the team fully and they come back from poor start I think I have helped, sad but true. It may also be the fact that with less than 200 away supporters it is hard to step the singing up.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
For God's sake what is wrong with you people? Booing is simply an emotional reaction, and not an uncommon one last night. People paid good money to go out on a chilly evening to watch what turned out to be not what they had hoped. Not one of us was happy with that performance, some of us were simply more honest about it and willing to give voice to our disapproval of it. What exactly is wrong with that? If you pay good money to see a comedian and he's not funny, do you pretend to laugh? I think shouting ”woooooooahhhhh you're shit hahaha" every time the opposing keeper takes a goal kick is childish and pathetic, but I just ignore it. I've never felt the need to go on message boards berating those who do it. I bet the people who do it think they are "pwoper fans" though. Jesus Christ get a grip.

Okay calm down dear, just sometimes people need a reality check from where we have come from. If your not happy don't clap them off at the end, silence will work better than the chilish antics of boooooo booooooo boooooo. IMHO

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Fortunately booing is not a regular occurrence at the Amex but least Oscar has got the license to kick arse in the dressing room and a bit of justified booing is probably what the doctor ordered.

I am not blaming Lopez for this defeat as we were poor throughout, but the weakness of just one has a domino effect. How can others around him perform if he doesn’t? It is no coincidence that he is the only player who never gets injured or ever has had to be rested in the whole time he has been here.

To our credit our performance improved when he came off.

When you have 20,000 plus people rushing from work, putting 4 hours of their time into the evening, that is over 4000 days, and spending over £1m collectively, what more of an incentive could there be for the players to look like they want to be there.

It doesn't matter if we win, lose or draw, it's the application to their job and performance that means so much more to the fans and that is what creates an atmosphere or lack of.

If there is ever such a thing as construtive booing, last nights was it.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Spare a thought for our cricketers down under at the moment though.

Oh, they're supposed to be playing cricket down there? I did wonder.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. If your not happy don't clap them off at the end, silence will work better than the chilish antics of boooooo booooooo boooooo. IMHO

That would be worth watching. Full time whistle blows and not a peep from the fans of the losing team. The players would DEFINITELY notice that! Shame it couldn't actually happen.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Agree - If people want to boo the team after such an abject performance then fine.

However, I must disagree with your views on shouting 'whoooaaa, your shit ... aaaaahhhhh !!' at the opposing goalkeeper. This was the only highlight for me. &#55357;&#56835;

Bez

Jul 14, 2003
I'm not sure how long we can go on with the old, "remember where we have come from" or "I have seen much worse in the past"

Sometimes not often but sometimes a boo is required, we too often start slowly, the team didn't start to improve thanks to the crowd, the crowd only got going after a goal. The team were poor last night very very poor.

I booed, I'm sure it doesn't make the players feel good, or the coaching staff, but I still did it. Oh and it's not just the plastics, I have been going for longer than I care to remember. I will be renewing my season ticket next season and the year after and after that and after that.

I cant promise I wont boo, or shout abuse at a player, manager, ref other fans or whoever. Often you will find me singing and clapping and enjoying what's on offer, not last night though last night was very poor.

I reserve the right to boo cheer clap scream jump dance and moan, I'm happy for fellow supporters around me to make comment to me about the way I am, and I reserve the right to tell you what I think.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Fortunately booing is not a regular occurrence at the Amex but least Oscar has got the license to kick arse in the dressing room and a bit of justified booing is probably what the doctor ordered.

I am not blaming Lopez for this defeat as we were poor throughout, but the weakness of just one has a domino effect. How can others around him perform if he doesn’t? It is no coincidence that he is the only player who never gets injured or ever has had to be rested in the whole time he has been here.

To our credit our performance improved when he came off.

When you have 20,000 plus people rushing from work, putting 4 hours of their time into the evening, that is over 4000 days, and spending over £1m collectively, what more of an incentive could there be for the players to look like they want to be there.

It doesn't matter if we win, lose or draw, it's the application to their job and performance that means so much more to the fans and that is what creates an atmosphere or lack of.

If there is ever such a thing as construtive booing, last nights was it.

Couldn't agree more, well put

Dec 4, 2013
The noise the fans make is the only way we have of expressing our opinion at the match. Why should we be only allowed to express positive opinions? A negative opinion is fine if you think it might make a difference.

Last night brighton played awfully in the first half. Would you expect a manager's team talk to be along the lines of "don't worry lads, you did really well the last six games i'm sure it will be fine. I love you". Maybe. But maybe not. Maybe they needed someone to shout at them and tell them to pull themselves together. Booing is just the fans' version of saying come on ffs this isn't good enough, sort it out. Sometimes that can help. Sometimes not but it's hardly the end of the world if they get booed

I can't see the problem.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you're a Brighton supporter, how is booing supporting Brighton?

Because the booing stems from a desire that the team significantly raises its game. The boo-ers didn't want Brighton to lose the match. They wanted an improvement. In some ways they got it.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was booing at you for booing those that were doing the booing. I thing the boos all got mixed up.

When I heard twinkle booing, I felt compelled to counter boo, but then she was booing the booers, so in fact I was counter booing the booing and counter counter booing the booers. Now it appears that you were doing the same, so we were counter, counter, counter booing the counter booers!

I was booing barber.....boooooooooooo

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
For God's sake what is wrong with you people? Booing is simply an emotional reaction, and not an uncommon one last night. People paid good money to go out on a chilly evening to watch what turned out to be not what they had hoped. Not one of us was happy with that performance, some of us were simply more honest about it and willing to give voice to our disapproval of it. What exactly is wrong with that? If you pay good money to see a comedian and he's not funny, do you pretend to laugh? I think shouting ”woooooooahhhhh you're shit hahaha" every time the opposing keeper takes a goal kick is childish and pathetic, but I just ignore it. I've never felt the need to go on message boards berating those who do it. I bet the people who do it think they are "pwoper fans" though. Jesus Christ get a grip.

Mate before you came along we had to put with some awful performances over the years. Booing is just crap and achieves nothing, its what supporters of tinpot clubs do when they don't win for a couple of games. We were off the back of a great run and we lost a match, I think its you that needs to get a grip.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The booing was totally unjustified IMHO. Just come on here and moan instead! ;-)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here