Did you boo at half and/or at fulltime?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I reserve the right to boo for something really egregious - a player having ago at the fans, or very obviously not trying. But booing a team that's purely and simply off-form doesn't help anyone.

I'm pretty sure the players knew they weren't having a good night without anyone booing to ram home the point. The very lukewarm applause from the few who were still there for the player clapping at the end was actually more of a statement, in my opinion.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It makes you want the Albion to do well just to shut up the whinging!

That's a lovely thought, however I have a feeling some people just moan about anything if we are not winning ! Or not not winning by three clear goals ! Or winning but not in the style they like ! Moan, moan, moan it's a game of football sometimes the other team wants it more or sad fact just plays better end of.

D

Deleted member 22389

The **** behind me last night started moaning after we weren't winning around the 5 minute mark (yes seriously). You can imagine what it was like when we went 2-0 down.

I know, I don't think these people understand football sometimes. May be they should get on that field. After 5 mins they would be knackered, probably pull a muscle and be subbed.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I know, I don't think these people understand football sometimes. May be they should get on that field. After 5 mins they would be knackered, probably pull a muscle and be subbed.

They'll start moaning about the pitch. I think their only solution would be to go back to supporting Real Madrid.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

They are not paid to be a professional footballer though ? I doubt Greer could fix a boiler could he ? The team should be grateful 25000 people are wanting to see them play and pay them back, not the other way around.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think a lot of it is down to the obscene money they get especially in the PL when some of them get £ 200k a week for kicking a ball around and a nurse gets £ 20k a year for saving lives. There is a lot of resentment about that even amoungst their own fans.

Better get used to it though. Nurses don't have people paying TV companies and supporters paying hundreds of millions of pounds to watch them at work. It's just the way life is and a tiresome old argument - how many people moan about the money rock stars earn?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Better get used to it though. Nurses don't have people paying TV companies and supporters paying hundreds of millions of pounds to watch them at work. It's just the way life is and a tiresome old argument - how many people moan about the money rock stars earn?

or the bankers bonuses?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
They are not paid to be a professional footballer though ? I doubt Greer could fix a boiler could he ? The team should be grateful 25000 people are wanting to see them play and pay them back, not the other way around.

So if the team plays badly, they're not grateful and we should boo them?

D

Deleted member 22389

Hearing the booing at the end for me was disappointing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm just surprised why people would do that.
We are 3 points of a play off place, not 6 points adrift at the bottom of the table and I will say again, Sheff Wed beat Leicester last night. Yeovil beat Watford last Saturday, this is what the league is like.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Hearing the booing at the end for me was disappointing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm just surprised why people would do that.
We are 3 points of a play off place, not 6 points adrift at the bottom of the table and I will say again, Sheff Wed beat Leicester last night. Yeovil beat Watford last Saturday, this is what the league is like.

I wouldn't have thought anyone was booing the campaign so far but last night's performance in isolation. Maybe the booing was for the lack of effort because that was the main source of my frustration.

The Championship is a strange league apart from when you play against Barnsley at home. That's usually 3 points for everyone.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Sheff Wed beat Leicester last night 2-1, and Yeovil beat Watford 3-0 last Saturday.

Is booing going to become the norm at the Amex everytime we play badly now, because It's the sort of thing you hear on match of the day from some of the plastic premiership fans, embarrasing. Must have done our players the world of good that last night. Yes we played crap, but that's football. We are not bottom of the sodding league, we are 3 points off a play off position. Good job some of these people where not around in those dark old days because then they would really have something to boo about.

Booing is not a modern phenomenon!

I remember hearing booing at both the Goldstone and Withdean after shite performances.

Never went to Gillingham so can't account for any booing up there.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So if the team plays badly, they're not grateful and we should boo them?

No but take your support for granted at your peril as I suspect the renewals will show next Summer.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
I didn't boo because I felt like sh!t (man flu), was knackered from all the shouting a swearing and depressed from terrible football. But I don't blame the people that did, the football was awful and the team needed to hear what people thought, the defending was comical at times.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Booing is not a modern phenomenon!

I remember hearing booing at both the Goldstone and Withdean after shite performances.

Never went to Gillingham so can't account for any booing up there.

Norman Gall was booed by Albion fans during his debut for the club, because he had taken the place of their favourite, Roy Jennings.

Get that! Albion fans booing a chap one if their own making his debut.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think it's the first time ive walked off without clapping at the Amex though!

This. Couldn't bring myself to, even for Agustien who was last off the pitch and actually played very well in the circumstances.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
A fair bit right from centre in the North Stand - thought we'd snatch it second half so didn't boo at half time (and wouldn't) , pissed off after the game but didn't boo (didn't clap either mind)

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Seriously? There were people booing last night? Absolutely disgusting.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I didn't boo at any stage. I showed my annoyance by not clapping the team off.

But I am not going to judge anyone who did. They pay their money, same as everyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports