Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did the best team at the World Cup finish third.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I echo the above sentiments. The best team are world champions.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
The Dutch were dire in the semi. So many over hit crosses and misplaced passes, Robben and Van P pretty anonymous. The Argies are a difficult team to beat but there was no guile or imagination. I was really disappointed in them.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Germany by far the best team. I thought the German high line would get caught out by Argentina, but Argentina failed to play as well as they did in earlier games. I expect that was because they were comprehensively outplayed for virtually the whole game.

Germany featured in two of the amazing games I have ever seen.

Last edited:

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Absolutely not.

Robben was brilliant but apart from that RVP was disappointing apart from that incredible goal v Spain and then a team of journeymen.

A pretty good case for Colombia or Chile being the best team though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Brazil were nowhere near the 4th best team.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A no from me, too. The Germans just get on with it coolly, calmly and clinically with far fewer histrionics and better football, and Argentina deserved to beat the Netherlands in the semis, so third is probably right.

Argentina had a clear goal ruled out on a faulty offside flag and were the better team.Maybe if van Gaal had kept a sub back though for Tim Krul.. I wonder if FIFA will try to stop that in the future though. I think 3 subs per team is about right, remember there used to be only one allowed!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here