Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Did the best team at the World Cup finish third.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
who can this be said without having the final? the Dutch look very good and the best team upto the semis, but end of the day couldnt breakdown the Argies. i dont think Germans will have the same problem, while it wont be a walk the park compared to Brazil, they should work something through. they are disciplined and wont get frustrated getting too far forward leaving gaps. i dont see any goals from Argentina other than some fluky wonder goal from Messi.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
who can this be said without having the final? the Dutch look very good and the best team upto the semis, but end of the day couldnt breakdown the Argies. i dont think Germans will have the same problem, while it wont be a walk the park compared to Brazil, they should work something through. they are disciplined and wont get frustrated getting too far forward leaving gaps. i dont see any goals from Argentina other than some fluky wonder goal from Messi.

and holland could not breakdown Costa Rica
I di not believe any team has won the World Cup
failing to score in 4 hours quarter and semi finals
I was deeply disappointed in their lack of ambition

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Big no, easily Germany for me and they'll prove that this evening when they pick the trophy up.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
No the Germans are the best team for me. They aren't particularly flamboyant but they are very, very efficient at what they do. Typically German.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
is that the team who could not manage a goal in 4 hours of knockout football
in the quarter and semi finals?
and did not even look like scoring a goal
just like 4 years ago this Dutch team is total footballs dark twin
only playing on the counter attack
dirty and diving

This and this !

If they weren't so dirty I would have wanted them to win and that cheat Krul deserves abuse this season.

I hope Van Gaal f**** up Manure even further

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I don't get all this Dutch love in, the manager bottled it in the knock outs, their so called penalty takers bottled the first penalty against Argentina bottle jobs.

Seagulls1984

Aug 8, 2011
Steyning
There isn't any good teams in this World Cup , proven by brazil and argentina getting so far both very average teams. Who ever wins won't go down as a great World Cup winner in my eyes.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Notwithstanding the German win over an abject Brazil, I do think that Holland have been the best team overall.

That's knock out football for you!

Thoughts?

No.

1 good (very good) game against a Spain team in its way down, but other than that the Dutch have been average at best - defensive and over-reliant on Robben who has at times been great, but also has been a contemptible shit-bag of a diving s****horpe.

Germany are the team that deserves it so far.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I didn't win a single F'ing bet the whole world cup!! Ffs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here