Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Did the Americans enjoy their Thanksgiving Day holiday?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Did you Americans enjoy your Thanksgiving Day holiday?
Speaking for my American family members - they said it was tempered by what’s going on in the Middle East

But Happy Thanksgiving - hope you had a good day.

North Carolina Supporter

American Seagull
NSC Patron
Brilliant excuse for everyone in the States to be with family for a day or two… and, hopefully, pause to think about what else we may be thankful for… and one thing on my grateful list is NSC. This community has helped me and my son more deeply appreciate the club and its history. So, Thank You!

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Stuffed. Was a good day. We need to take time off and enjoy what we have in our lives every now and then.

American Wrestling GIF

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
As a Brit who works for an American company it has become part of my annual routine to enjoy Thanksgiving and have come to understand how important it is to our friends over the pond.

I hope anyone that does celebrate it had a great day! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Don’t the poor old Yanks still have to pay tax to the U.S. even if they’re based abroad?
Yes but if they are ever in trouble anywhere in the world they will send a carrier ship to collect them and bring them home.

North Carolina Supporter

American Seagull
NSC Patron
Don't you have 3 other days of paid annual leave for that as well?
While there are only 12 official paid days off in the USA, most full time workers here also provide 2 weeks of what they call PTO (paid time off). Probably not as much as other countries… but the 4% unemployment rate has led to far more PTO and remote work with flexible hours.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here