Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Glen Johnson oversee the dullest FA Cup draw ever?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I didn't even realise it was Glen Johnson! I thought he looked vaguely familiar, but that's about it...

And yeah, DULL draw.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Quite long I suspect. But that is not evidence of rigging. If you look at the National Lottery draws you'll see that strange combinations occur now and then. A draw doesn't settle according to averages. In the National Lottery draw earlier this month, the numbers 1, 5 and 38 came out in two of the first three weeks. There were 60ish numbers. What's the odds of that ? I once played roulette and my favourite number, 17, came up three rounds in a row and I won a huge sum of money in the space of 5 minutes. What were the odds of that ?
That happens a lot in Roulette, if the dealer doesn’t change the wheel speed or the spin speed that much it will drop on or near the last number. Physics bitxh🤣

FindonFan

Jul 15, 2014
It was in Sun City in RSA. I was at the table and not doing well. I went from being down beyond my means to up in 5 minutes. I wouldn't do it again.

Number 17 is lucky for me. Ladbrokes once gave me ten free spins and I decided that if I made £40 I would go to the away match at Barnsley that weekend. Good old number 17 paid for the train ticket and off I went.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The worst part is that it hasn’t done anything to clear any easy path to the final. Most likely the rest of the QF line will be City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea (or Villa), Newcastle, Bournemouth and Sheff Wed or Coventry. So even if we beat Wolves we will then have either a good PL team or the most MASSIVE club in the country.
Yeah, a bit depressing. Even if we beats Wolves away, we will almost certainly have to beat two other decent-ish PL sides to reach the final. And then another one to win it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Like I said earlier 11 ,12 ,14,15,16, all drawn away , fixed or what all the remaining big clubs kept apart
If that was fixed then surely Maidstone would have been drawn away to one of Liverpool/Man utd/Man city. Easy route to the quarter finals for one of the big boys while giving everyone the dream f.a cup match up of plucky postmen against a Goliath.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
If that was fixed then surely Maidstone would have been drawn away to one of Liverpool/Man utd/Man city. Easy route to the quarter finals for one of the big boys while giving everyone the dream f.a cup match up of plucky postmen against a Goliath.
They are not interested in Maidstone , all they want is the big teams left in the competition

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
They are not interested in Maidstone , all they want is the big teams left in the competition
Tell me you aren't SERIOUSLY suggesting the draw is rigged? I mean, just have a think about it for all of ten seconds and you will conclude its ridiculous. As most conspiracy theories are.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Desperately disappointing draw all round. I think whoever the woman (if you can define a woman) was who was due to do the draw with Johnson either had other plans after thew draw was put back or was ditched to speed up the draw in the half time break so ITV could get back to fawning over Klopp. Either way what resulted was a slipshod draw we all pay the price for. Unfortunately all games will be televised.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Desperately disappointing draw all round. I think whoever the woman (if you can define a woman) was who was due to do the draw with Johnson either had other plans after thew draw was put back or was ditched to speed up the draw in the half time break so ITV could get back to fawning over Klopp. Either way what resulted was a slipshod draw we all pay the price for. Unfortunately all games will be televised.
Think we can blame the black country knuckle draggers. Still, we coulda got Citeh away. The worst thing about it is that the 'big' teams all have an easy passage to the QFs. Just have to hope we are the lucky ones to get the Championship team.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Think we can blame the black country knuckle draggers. Still, we coulda got Citeh away. The worst thing about it is that the 'big' teams all have an easy passage to the QFs. Just have to hope we are the lucky ones to get the Championship team.
I do wonder if we might get a bye to the QF's, if the FA have any balls surely they need to throw Wolverhampton out for the Round of 16 after the sickening scenes yesterday at the Hawthorns.

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
But what would be an easier game than at home to a team from the conference south?!

It would guarantee one of the big boys in the next round AND give Maidstone and everyone else the fairytale match up that feeds the love of the cup.

Seems a no brainer of a fix:shrug:

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I don't buy the conspiracy theories and last year there were (in my mind anyway - not going to research!) big draws that opened up the draw quite a bit. But back to the original point from Bozza, the draw was terrible from a spectacle perspective.. If Leeds get past Plymouth then them away to Chelsea might be of interest for atmosphere, but that's about it.. we seemed destined for a complete tour of England's grittiest cities!!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I do wonder if we might get a bye to the QF's, if the FA have any balls surely they need to throw Wolverhampton out for the Round of 16 after the sickening scenes yesterday at the Hawthorns.
Will be interesting to see what action is taken. Perhaps make the tie away fans only!

southwestgull

Oct 29, 2022
It was in Sun City in RSA. I was at the table and not doing well. I went from being down beyond my means to up in 5 minutes. I wouldn't do it again.

Number 17 is lucky for me. Ladbrokes once gave me ten free spins and I decided that if I made £40 I would go to the away match at Barnsley that weekend. Good old number 17 paid for the train ticket and off I went.
Was that the nil nil

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
But what would be an easier game than at home to a team from the conference south?!

It would guarantee one of the big boys in the next round AND give Maidstone and everyone else the fairytale match up that feeds the love of the cup.

Seems a no brainer of a fix:shrug:
That would be too obvious, everyone would be on to the conspiracy in that case.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
That would be too obvious, everyone would be on to the conspiracy in that case.
Ah, of course!

It's a much subtler and more effective conspiracy to make Liverpool play away at Arsenal in the third round. The simpletons will all think 'oh my god, that's a big game!' but they'll forget that the F.A knew in advance that Arsenal would be in a short spell where they couldn't score a goal thus ensuring easy passage for Liverpool.

The obvious(now I think of it) benefit of putting Liverpool away to Arsenal is that if Arsenal should somehow manage to ruin things and actually win then the F.A can switch to their anti scouser conspiracy, the most recent example of which was the premier league docking Everton 10 points for breaking ffp rules. The sneaky F.A bastards.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Will be interesting to see what action is taken. Perhaps make the tie away fans only!
It's a possibility, the FA need to be firm with their punishment, there is no room for that sort of moronic and quite sickening behaviour and the club needs to be held to account, if they are not thrown out they should be made to play future game(s) behind closed doors.
Cheesy peas

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here