Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Did Glen Johnson oversee the dullest FA Cup draw ever?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
What are the odds that 5 of the 6 highest numbers are all away from home
Quite long I suspect. But that is not evidence of rigging. If you look at the National Lottery draws you'll see that strange combinations occur now and then. A draw doesn't settle according to averages. In the National Lottery draw earlier this month, the numbers 1, 5 and 38 came out in two of the first three weeks. There were 60ish numbers. What's the odds of that ? I once played roulette and my favourite number, 17, came up three rounds in a row and I won a huge sum of money in the space of 5 minutes. What were the odds of that ?

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I dunno, Maidstone drawn away to the biggest club in the world* is a pretty big deal

*Assuming they beat Coventry

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Do people genuinely think that this ball warming thing happens?
It does not. My mate once did the draw (he was involved in the draw when we played Liverpool and we scored 4 goals and then 3 but we unfortunately went out 6-1).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
His personality got him through it all though,

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I dunno, Maidstone drawn away to the biggest club in the world* is a pretty big deal

*Assuming they beat Coventry
Actually, yes, I'm wrong. Maidstone getting the plumb away tie at Sheffield Wednesday is too massive to go without scrutiny.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Actually, yes, I'm wrong. Maidstone getting the plumb away tie at Sheffield Wednesday is too massive to go without scrutiny.
People of Maidstone will be celebrating tonight, even more so if Massive beat Coventry, which surely they must. Truly the stuff of dreams and what the FA Cup is all about.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Quite long I suspect. But that is not evidence of rigging. If you look at the National Lottery draws you'll see that strange combinations occur now and then. A draw doesn't settle according to averages. In the National Lottery draw earlier this month, the numbers 1, 5 and 38 came out in two of the first three weeks. There were 60ish numbers. What's the odds of that ? I once played roulette and my favourite number, 17, came up three rounds in a row and I won a huge sum of money in the space of 5 minutes. What were the odds of that ?
1/50,653 assuming you were playing on a UK roulette wheel,

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
You heard it here first. This will be the last 8 and we will be the best team left in it.

Wrexham

Plymouth

Leicester

Watford

Bristol City

Brighton

Maidstone

Luton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I once played roulette and my favourite number, 17, came up three rounds in a row and I won a huge sum of money in the space of 5 minutes. What were the odds of that ?
So you're in on the fixing then

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So you're in on the fixing then
It was in Sun City in RSA. I was at the table and not doing well. I went from being down beyond my means to up in 5 minutes. I wouldn't do it again.

Number 17 is lucky for me. Ladbrokes once gave me ten free spins and I decided that if I made £40 I would go to the away match at Barnsley that weekend. Good old number 17 paid for the train ticket and off I went.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It was in Sun City in RSA. I was at the table and not doing well. I went from being down beyond my means to up in 5 minutes. I wouldn't do it again.

Number 17 is lucky for me. Ladbrokes once gave me ten free spins and I decided that if I made £40 I would go to the away match at Barnsley that weekend. Good old number 17 paid for the train ticket and off I went.
I went to Sun City once as well. Full of Russians. The Castle Lager was warm. Didn't like it at all. The whole place seemed dodgier than a out of date Prawn Mayonnaise sandwich left on a window sill in a heatwave.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here