Dick vs Bas/Bas' Agent/Andy Naylor - "Final Statement"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,10433~1201232,00.html

Albion chairman Dick Knight has today responded to media revelations concerning contract negotiations with Bas Savage, after the striker rejected the offer of a new and improved 18-month contract with Albion and now looks set to leave the club. Knight, in response to a story in today's press told seagulls.co.uk, "If Andy Naylor wants to inflate the ego of a football agent and stir up trouble at our club so be it. His daily need to get an Albion story knows no bounds.
My final statement on Bas Savage is this: from the beginning, the offer to Bas was excellent in relation to our wage scale. It gave him the security of a further year-and-a-half to develop with the Albion
“The agent's pie-in-the-sky counter proposals simply dragged the matter on. If agent and player expected the club to suddenly lose touch with reality they were wrong.
"Finally, with some realistic improvements to the offer - which the agent has scorned - and growing awareness of the December 31 current contract expiry, we arrive at the point where player and agent feel they have been put under pressure.
"Nobody has forced Bas out of this club. He still has three days to sign a very good Albion contract. Or he already has another club to go to.
"The facts will speak for themselves. Right now all other talk about Bas's relationship with Albion fans is hollow."

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i dont really see what naylor has done wrong here - again

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
all naylor has done is given the agent a chance to share his side of the story, and as such give us a balanced view from both sides of the argument - quite how that is inflating someones ego by letting them have their say i dont know

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
all naylor has done is given the agent a chance to share his side of the story, and as such give us a balanced view from both sides of the argument - quite how that is inflating someones ego by letting them have their say i dont know

Word, But Naylor is scum for some reason....

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Can you ever expect a "balanced view" based on a football agent's side of the story?

D

Deleted member 2719

I love it when Dick rips into Naylor.
I will not buy the Argus because of Naylor if a few other didn't maybe they would sack the shit stirring ****.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Dick seems to be losing it even more by the day...

All depends on your personal point of view I suppose.
For a Chairman, he appears to me, to be someone who is under pressure, and is perhaps too old and set in his ways to tolerate any deviation from what he terms is right or wrong for the Albion.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I love it when Dick rips into Naylor.
I will not buy the Argus because of Naylor if a few other didn't maybe they would sack the shit stirring ****.

It is not Naylors job to be the PR man for the albion, he plays devils advocate as far as I can see.

The Argus should always be impartial not a rose tinted voice peice for the club, the official web site and matchday programe fulfill that function.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It is not Naylors job to be the PR man for the albion, he plays devils advocate as far as I can see.

The Argus should always be impartial not a rose tinted voice peice for the club, the official web site and matchday programe fulfill that function.

I would agree with that. Andy Naylor's job is to sell newspapers.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
All depends on your personal point of view I suppose.
For a Chairman, he appears to me, to be someone who is under pressure, and is perhaps too old and set in his ways to tolerate any deviation from what he terms is right or wrong for the Albion.

It appears to me that this post is complete and utter SHITE.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
I am a great admirer of what DK has done for this club but he seems a control freak. The Argus gives plenty of free pr for the Albion but they are not there to rubber stamp all DKs wishes

As far as egos are concerned who released a dvd entitled "DKs best 100 Albion goals"? He is certainly in the running for a FA award for a Chairman who loves to see his name in lights !!

D

Deleted member 2719

I would agree with that. Andy Naylor's job is to sell newspapers.
Exactly my point even if he stretch's the truth somewhat to sell those papers?
Thank god we don't all believe him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Exactly my point even if he stretch's the truth somewhat to sell those papers?
Thank god we don't all believe him.

so quoting an agent on the reasons his player didnt sign a new contract is stretching the truth?

naylor does a bloody good job at getting stories from both sides - not just reporting how great the club is. if he did that, then there is a strong possibility that the we wouldnt have found out about the club selling the goldstone until a lot later

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports