Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Dick Off

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
From what I gather, Khan recommends the replacement to Patel and then she advises the Queen who appointed the new Commissioner.

It’s going to be interesting to see how Patel avoids appointing one of these “politically off message” replacements!

The way this cabinet works, Patel will agree the replacement with Khan but before she sees the Queen she'll switch envelopes and Bas Javid will be announced as new commissioner!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
10a10e10b2f934228c6dd0a98cddfffd.jpg

This fella would be able to tell us who had cake and who didn’t.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That appointment would get the instant respect of tens of thousands of coppers :facepalm:

.. but may not be such a bad thing and as a local it wouldn't bother me.

The problem with Dick was ultimately she loyal to her staff and because of so many issues over the years and was unable to sort them out.

So someone "independent" yeah give it a go and when the staff start behaving themselves again, it can be reviewed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
.. but may not be such a bad thing and as a local it wouldn't bother me.

The problem with Dick was ultimately she loyal to her staff and because of so many issues over the years and was unable to sort them out.

So someone "independent" yeah give it a go and when the staff start behaving themselves again, it can be reviewed.

Glad I’m not a local, and glad I don’t work in London any more………

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm trying to post something about Dick and a helmet but I'm struggling.

I can't help I'm afraid.

However, it looks like Dick has finally withdrawn and placed their helmet in the hands of the Mayor.

Personally, I'd like the successor to think twice about getting the Chopper out every night because it keeps me awake.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Effectively sacked by the Mayor. The Government (because they think the alternatives are too "woke") would rather she remained.

Home Secretary would need to approve, so I suspect she had no choice to resign if The Mayor had lost confidence in her.

Be interesting how the Home Secretary responds..

Being reported Patel is furious.

It was Patel, not Khan, who made the re-apointment.

Dick has gone because Khan has persuaded her to resign.

The appointment is supposed to be made by the home secretary in consultation with the mayor. Ordinarily that would work, but when we have such a snake as a home secretary, and a muslim labour mayor who is a natural whipping boy for the snake, the whole enterprise cannot be managed without the tories seeking to score points at every turn.

On the radio this morning pious callers have been explaining how, on the one hand, Dick has done a great job and should not have been sacked, and on the other hand that Khan was wrong to reappoint her if he was only going to sack her later. This is all fake news and typical of the lie machine that Johnson's party had become.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Always thought she gave it her best. Sad to see her go but pressure on her was too much.

Whoever takes over has got a very difficult job.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I think I may have read somewhere that Patel would like a civilian in as Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police.

So the most senior Copper in the UK, wouldn’t be a Copper.

I imagine the thinking is,a civilian would be easier to manipulate than a very Senior Police Officer, but surely Dick disproved that theory.

It's going to be Nadine isn't it.:moo: There is no other way to get the charges against Johnson dropped.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here