[Politics] Dick Off

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

From 1969.

A new broom to sweep out the mess left by the old regime.

Not much has changed in 50 years.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Always thought she gave it her best. Sad to see her go but pressure on her was too much.

Whoever takes over has got a very difficult job.

Gave it her best? The Met lurches from one crisis to another. Racist, sexist, misogynist police officers. Incompetent, corrupt investigations. A murderer within their own ranks (who should not have been employed in the first place based on past history). Refusal to allow an independent enquiry to access police data.
From the evidence in the public domain it appears that The Met has got worse, not better, in the 29 years since Stephen Lawrence was murdered.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Always thought she gave it her best. Sad to see her go but pressure on her was too much.

I'm sorry that simply isn't true. Unfortunately she favoured protecting the MET and her colleagues over sorting out it's numerous problems.

She ran it like the civil service, not a Police force.

The Stephen Lawrence murder should have been a low point, but nothing has improved under her leadership. Quite how she got the job in the first place after Stockwell is anyone's guess.

London deserves and needs better. So well done to the Mayor to finally standing up and removing her although he should have acted earlier.

The Home Office did nothing except extend Dick's contract.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It has been a bit of struggle twatting aside those who feel I missed a glorious chance for a bit of low comedy when I started this thread, but, as a Brighton supporter who actually saw the tiny jock play for us at the Goldstone (yes, yes, with Mark Flatts), I couldn't resist a bit of Albion-related English verdplay, as Henning Wehn would almost certainly not say.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

I'd hope for a bit better than that though. She's The Commissioner of The Metropolitan Police after all on a £230k a year salary, not the goalkeeper for an under 15's girl football team.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Metropolitan Police Federation says it has 'no faith' in London Mayor Sadiq Khan

https://news.sky.com/story/cressida...BI65jRIFdB68oKYBNpl2NAGPrC7rlM_utrDOP4feEeeBM

"We have let the Mayor's office know in no uncertain terms how our brave and diligent colleagues deserve better.

"The atmosphere amongst Metropolitan Police officers is horrendous - it's rock bottom.

"Officers in London feel saddened and angry that the Commissioner Cressida Dick has been pushed out in the way she has. She was reforming. She was changing. The culture is changing.

"We are deeply disappointed with the actions of the Mayor."

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Metropolitan Police Federation says it has 'no faith' in London Mayor Sadiq Khan

https://news.sky.com/story/cressida...BI65jRIFdB68oKYBNpl2NAGPrC7rlM_utrDOP4feEeeBM

"We have let the Mayor's office know in no uncertain terms how our brave and diligent colleagues deserve better.

"The atmosphere amongst Metropolitan Police officers is horrendous - it's rock bottom.

"Officers in London feel saddened and angry that the Commissioner Cressida Dick has been pushed out in the way she has. She was reforming. She was changing. The culture is changing.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: Bit late though innit?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Dick may well be off, but all the fat sweaty corrupt jolly boy Met officers remain in place. ****s

Ditto a significant number of Sussex plod

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol: Bit late though innit?

If the culture of the place was that a serving officer could rape and murder an innocent woman using his warrant card less than 2 years ago then I'd respectfully suggest it wasn't changing fast enough.

I'm not sure that very many serving officers will have voted for Khan. He doesn't seem their type.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

"She's one of our own, she's one of our own..."

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
And there was me looking forward to John Travolta and Nicholas Cage finally making a sequel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports