Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight, your views

Dick Knight, would you want him to stay or go?

• Yes, he is the right man

Votes: 53 75.7%
  • No, it is time for him to step aside

Votes: 17 24.3%

• Total voters

Mullers

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
Good old Sussex by the sea!
El Presidente said:
But who would want to buy a loss making business which had just lost its second largest revenue stream (ITV Digital) and had committed itself to a huge increase in expenditure ( new contracts for BZ, Chippy, FDM etc)

From a pure commerce perspective no one would invest in the Albion

What do you know about the real world El Spic? I thought you worked in a Uni!:lolol:

Things are usually worth investing in if the price is right. Look at the club's loyal client base!:clap2:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
FFS, how many more times, Mullers? NO-ONE IS COMING FORWARD TO INVEST IN THE CLUB.

If they wanted to they would have by now. Anyone genuinely interested in investing in the club does not need to do it throught the papers e.g. Howard Kruger , 'Steve Foster's mate' etc.

And no-one is going to invest in a club with no permanent home. This is why Falmer is so important. DK will listen to offers (which undoubtedly will come) if and when we get the go ahead. BHA will start to look like an attractive proposition once again.

In the meantime, DK's immediate departure will basically mean the end of Brighton & Hove Albion. Chaos will reign, the council will lose interest, and the main parties will pull out.

Now, don't put up any more messages until you have a civil and sensible thought go through your head.:dunce:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Investors would want to invest in a stadium project before it starts to gain the increased value through development, not after it is built. This is why no investor is interested.

It is a closed shop because the plans have already been laid out. Albion certainly ain't a public company. The current Board must stand and fall by their decisions. If Falmer comes a cropper it is not the NIMBYs fault, its the Albion management for making the wrong decisions. We will wait and see. I was furious with the last delay at the PI. I wanted the decision ASAP.

If the Albion succeed it is to their credit, although I wish they could have done it quicker.

I'm with Gritt23. Let's get real and understand that people such as Knight (whilst he may be a fan) aren't doing this for the fun of it.
They are serious people who are used to winning in life and business. They undertake a crusade such as this because they believe in the cause and will use all the experience they have to win through.
Sometimes you have to lose a battle to win the war !:drink:

Brady's Old Lady

Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
This is my first real session on NSC, although I have been reading posts for a few months now. I am concerned at the level of criticism aimed at DK from certain quarters.

OK he's not mega rich. He has made mistakes (hinshelwood). But something about the bloke makes me trust him to do the best for the club.

I am willing to predict that at some stage sooner or later Roman Abramovich will get bored with Chelsea. When he does they are going to be right in the Poo.

I think DK is in it for the duration, and he will only hand on to someone he is confident has our interests at heart.

We are very lucky to have him!!

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
The only reason Archer got his sticky little hands on the club was so that he could make a killing when he sold us out and sold the ground.

Now we haven't got a ground so we can't be ripped off.

We're potless and assetless, which is why we find it hard to attract investors.

Like it or not we are stuck with Dick Knight until the Falmer situation is resolved, and if it is a positive resolution a lot of people on this board are going to have to eat platefuls of Humble pie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here