Dick Knight stadium tribute

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jo Wadsworth

Editor, Brighton and Hove News
Apr 30, 2009
Brighton
Hello,

Yesterday, we ran this piece about fans who have contacted us to say they would like part of the new Falmer stadium to be named after Dick Knight:

Fans call for Falmer tribute to Dick Knight From The Argus)

Today, we're throwing the question of whether and how a tribute should be made, and would like your feedback too. What do you reckon?

I'll check this thread throughout the day, but you can also email me, should you be minded, at jo.wadsworth@theargus.co.uk.

Thanks!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We could have the Dick End, or we could have a big Dick statue outside.

In all seriousness. I would like to see the Peter Ward stand and Maybe the Knight stand.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Hi Jo

personally I think that we should comission an artist to create a sculpture a la the ones at Southampton, Leeds, Ipswich etc to Dick and it should be part of the concourse outside the main entrance.

Whatever people think about the latter years, Dick Knight and his team were responsible for the continued existance of Brighton and Hove Albion and we fans, the City and football in general owe him a great debt of gratitude and this would be so fitting.

Dave

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
I would quiet like the "Yay Andy Naylor has gone, now the albion can have someone decent who doesn't get all his "EXCLUSIVES" from NSC." stand.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The Goldstone Stand.

The Robert Eaton Stand - to commemorate all the fans who died while waiting for the new ground to be built.

A statue outside of Mullery giving Palace fans the two fingers...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Name a burger stand after him or something for bringing us back to Brighton.

No more than that though.

After all it was him holding us back for the last 5 years of his reign. And he continued to employ Martin Perry throughout who once again showed his true colours after his departure turning on him like the turncoat he is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dick Knight - no way should there be a statue! He's not dead. Only dictators of tin pot countries have statues built of themselves!

That said, I think he should have some sort of honour. Maybe a bar, or conference suite or something like that could be in his name.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
IMO a stand or 'end' being named after Dick Knight would be a great idea. Not sure what it could be called, maybe 'The Knight End'??

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Dick Knight - no way should there be a statue! He's not dead. Only dictators of tin pot countries have statues built of themselves!

I agree with this - status of living people are strictly for Madame Tussads.

To be honest I was wondering if the same thing applied to stands before suggesting that we should name a stand after Knight, however as I look out of my office window I can clearly see the Steve Bull stand in Wolverhampton, and he's not dead yet.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.

After all it was him holding us back for the last 5 years of his reign. And he continued to employ Martin Perry throughout who once again showed his true colours after his departure turning on him like the turncoat he is.

V V Harsh. Treasonable words that I find offensive.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The Goldstone Stand.

The Robert Eaton Stand - to commemorate all the fans who died while waiting for the new ground to be built.

A statue outside of Mullery giving Palace fans the two fingers...

It is a great idea but it would very difficult for the club to do that I would imagine because we'd need a lot of stands to commemorate all those lost in battle so to speak.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ

clueless, absolutely clueless

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
On ask the club some time ago, they said that there would be some sort of memorial for all the fans who didn't see Falmer - A Robert Eaton memorial wall where people could get the names inscribed may be appropriate.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A platform at the railway station would be a suitable tribute in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports