Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Dianne Abbott at the darts" / Antoine Griezzman fancy dress

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So the bloke at the darts blacked up because of BREXIT.
Surreal.

Tell me about it! It's amazing the leaps some people can make.

Dennis Skinner voted Leave, and I can guarantee the late great Tony Benn would have voted Leave as well. Terrible Little Englanders them two :facepalm:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
With blacking up to be Diane Abbott being a sin, is this ?

IMG_0154.JPG

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well being perdantic , black and white minstrels was a TV show.

This is as you know is Eddie Murphy, a black actor " whiting up" .

And here he's pretending to be Jamaican :)

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Dennis Skinner voted Leave, and I can guarantee the late great Tony Benn would have voted Leave as well. Terrible Little Englanders them two :facepalm:

I recently listened to an interview with Tony Benn before we joined the EEC in the 70s and quite frankly what he predicted was spot on. He would certainly have voted to leave, not someone I would vote for but someone who had his principles and stuck to them.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

So you now resort to purporting to know what a dead politician who wasn't alive at the time of the referendum would have voted. Okay, well yes, I happen to think he would have voted Out but you know what would be far more interesting? Seeing what he would have made of the lies and the shambles they've made of it!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
The thread only exists because someone blacked up in a piss take of Diane Abbot, her abilities are entirely relevant.

On that basis alone, and as a senior politician she deserves everything she gets. In a week where Bercow mollycoddles MPs for not being enemies of the people he would do well to remember what many MPs have done in the past, whether rippin the piss out of taxpayers on expenses, barefaced lying, war-mongering and astonishing deceit.

Abbot is up there on a number of aspects, but for me her decision to send her son to a fee paying school while politically advocating comprehensive education is her biggest shame. Something she herself described as “indefensible”. Quite.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2003/nov/05/labour.uk

She is on that basis guilty of what other Labour MPs and its senior supporters say and then do, Chakribati and Thornberry (or should that be Lady Nugee) recently guilty of the same.

Wankers, the lot of them.........they have bought much of this on themselves.

I cannot agreewith you more, we're now being told that thye are on the receiving end of hate tweets, texts etc and we're suposed to feel sorry for them, its happening to many, from school children to pensioners and what have they done about that? Politicians, lie, bully, steal from the state, forget important relevant occassions in their lives, take us all for mugs and steal money from us in taxes to expound policies that were clearly not expounded when elected.
AS for Diane Abbott, she is a poor politician, not worthy of her role and a complete hypocrit. If those see the picture as racist I wonder how you could convey her terrible interview on LBC where she was all over the place and could not add up the most simple sum. Boris, Trump and Mogg have been suitably mocked, yet we hear nothing of the defence of rich people or those with blonde hair.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So you now resort to purporting to know what a dead politician who wasn't alive at the time of the referendum would have voted. Okay, well yes, I happen to think he would have voted Out but you know what would be far more interesting? Seeing what he would have made of the lies and the shambles they've made of it!

Why a shambles, do you know something we don't or are you being led by the nose, by the dreadful media reporting. Could you tell me where the negotiations have failed to date, or is the real reason, your not dealing with the 'out' vote?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I cannot agreewith you more, we're now being told that thye are on the receiving end of hate tweets, texts etc and we're suposed to feel sorry for them, its happening to many, from school children to pensioners and what have they done about that? Politicians, lie, bully, steal from the state, forget important relevant occassions in their lives, take us all for mugs and steal money from us in taxes to expound policies that were clearly not expounded when elected.
AS for Diane Abbott, she is a poor politician, not worthy of her role and a complete hypocrit. If those see the picture as racist I wonder how you could convey her terrible interview on LBC where she was all over the place and could not add up the most simple sum. Boris, Trump and Mogg have been suitably mocked, yet we hear nothing of the defence of rich people or those with blonde hair.

You've said it yourself there haven't you. Plenty of legitimate reasons to have a go at her and many politicians without resorting to comments about her skin colour or rape threats.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

What do you mean, "purporting" :lol:
You're agreeing with me! As would anyone who knows the first thing about Tony Benn.

I'm merely pointing out the absurdity of your implying that Leave voters are by definition Little Englanders.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What do you mean, "purporting" :lol:
You're agreeing with me! As would anyone who knows the first thing about Tony Benn.

I'm merely pointing out the absurdity of your implying that Leave voters are by definition Little Englanders.

I'm saying it's desperate to attempt to back up your argument by pretending to know what a dead person would have voted. He may well have voted out but that's not much use as an argument.

He wasn't a little Englander but he didn't vote so I don't include him in my argument.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm saying it's desperate to attempt to back up your argument by pretending to know what a dead person would have voted. He may well have voted out but that's not much use as an argument.

He wasn't a little Englander but he didn't vote so I don't include him in my argument.

It's not desperate at all. I use Benn and Skinner as examples of Leave voters (you know as well as I do Benn would have voted Leave) who are about as far from Little Englanders as it's possible to be.

If you could see beyond the Little Englander thing you'd know exactly why they, and many more like them voted Leave as well. It's short sighted and lazy to claim that a vote for Leave is an automatic tick in the Little Englander box.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's not desperate at all. I use Benn and Skinner as examples of Leave voters (you know as well as I do Benn would have voted Leave) who are about as far from Little Englanders as it's possible to be.

If you could see beyond the Little Englander thing you'd know exactly why they, and many more like them voted Leave as well. It's short sighted and lazy to claim that a vote for Leave is an automatic tick in the Little Englander box.

He didn't vote.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Really? Racist and misogynistic abuse is ok?!

Would MPs you don't respect get homophobic abuse too? Anti-semitic abuse?

Where do you personally draw the line then?

That’s fair, where is the line?

For someone like Blair who lied to take this country to war, I don’t think there is a line.

Hundreds of thousands of people have died thanks to his deceit, yet he still occupies the atmosphere of publicity. He killed the old labour movement, he deserves everything he gets, if we are lucky.

Politicians need to know there is a line too, lying and hypocrisy should be sackable events, in which case Abbott would be working b Poundland years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here