Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Diane Abbott in fine form this morning...

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I saw that too as it happened and it was just unreal. In the end I felt Dermot was almost sorry for her and feeding her lines (because she seemed to know zero about the report).

Watching it again it makes me laugh and put my hands in front of my face, it is excruciating, she is just so out of her depth......and just to think this woman could be potential home secretary (and all that entails with what is going on at the moment) in four days time.

To be fair she had changed her hairstyle since reading the report...

Not really funny though is it?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
To be fair she had changed her hairstyle since reading the report...

Not really funny though is it?

Considering that she could be in charge of policing and counter terrorism for our country on Friday morning, no it is not.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
We have not learned Labour will borrow tax spend and bust is what happened after 3 terms of Labour last time also they keep demonising some of our population who make money and provide the jobs and wealth. Unfortunately the Labour Party are trying to buy votes with lots of promises.
Don't forget the note left in the treasuary by Labour was not a joke.
We need to get the debts down while the interest are low otherwise our grand children grand children will be left with no hope.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I saw that too as it happened and it was just unreal. In the end I felt Dermot was almost sorry for her and feeding her lines (because she seemed to know zero about the report).

Watching it again it makes me laugh and put my hands in front of my face, it is excruciating, she is just so out of her depth......and just to think this woman could be potential home secretary (and all that entails with what is going on at the moment) in four days time.
He should ask her how the garden Tax would work I get the feeling the South a East will pay more due to the value of the land.
I do understand council tax needs updating.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Considering that she could be in charge of policing and counter terrorism for our country on Friday morning, no it is not.

No chance she would be Home Secretary. She'll get a nice thank you job where she can do little harm, but IF Labour was to lead the next government the talent that's sidelined itself after Corbyn's leadership election wins will be able to backtrack and make themselves available to help deliver the manifesto that they were democratically elected to follow.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Having just watched that I actually feel sort for her , is she ill?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We have not learned Labour will borrow tax spend and bust is what happened after 3 terms of Labour last time also they keep demonising some of our population who make money and provide the jobs and wealth. Unfortunately the Labour Party are trying to buy votes with lots of promises.
Don't forget the note left in the treasuary by Labour was not a joke.
We need to get the debts down while the interest are low otherwise our grand children grand children will be left with no hope.

Really, you don't think the note was a joke!!! You need a reality check!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Do behave. She has been Jeremy Corbyn's shadow Home Secretary since October 2016, and throughout this general election campaign. Are you seriously suggesting that it would be sensible to have someone step cold into that role at a time of a national terrorism crisis? Why on earth is she the Shadow now if Corbyn didn't intend appointing her. That would be ridiculous.

October 2016 isn't that far back, only 9 months. Also, he made that appointment before he knew that May was going to be a spineless, reversing oaf and actually call an election. I'm not defending Corbyn or Abbot (who is clearly a massive liability) but you can't say he did it with the sole intention of having her during an election season.

Anyway, there's been other Home Secretaries in recent memory who have gone on to do well...oh.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Diane Abbot is so dense, that light bends around her.

One minute I want to vote Labour to give May and the Tories the finger, because they will absolutely fvck us all when they get in. Fact.

But then I think of Diane Abbott with a prominent position in the cabinet. Diane pissing ABBOT. Whats the point ? Whatever happens, we're all bollocksed.

If you want credible opposition then this brand of the Labour Party needs to be obliterated at the ballot box this election .

Then the clowns who keep voting Corbyn in might hopefully see sense and vote for a leader who can put together a strong opposition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Oh dear! She has pulled out of a Woman's Hour interview on Radio 4 this morning.

What a shambles.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh dear! She has pulled out of a Woman's Hour interview on Radio 4 this morning.

What a shambles.

I take it woman's hour is the new paxman!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
It looks like a clip from a program about dementia.

Have to say, by the end of that interview I was thinking that it looked like there was something wrong with her. I almost felt sorry for her (maybe not, unless there is something wrong with her). The very worst of politicians, if they don't know something I would respect them a lot more if they just said so - bullshitting is so transparent.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
No chance she would be Home Secretary. She'll get a nice thank you job where she can do little harm, but IF Labour was to lead the next government the talent that's sidelined itself after Corbyn's leadership election wins will be able to backtrack and make themselves available to help deliver the manifesto that they were democratically elected to follow.

Mmm. I am not so sure about that.....I do not think JC will want back your Hilary Benn's etc into his cabinet after what Benn et al did to him (an attempted leadership coup less than 12 months ago)....and if I was JC maybe I would not want to reward people such as Benn.....also if he did invite him and his ilk into the cabinet....JC would always be watching his back.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Mmm. I am not so sure about that.....I do not think JC will want back your Hilary Benn's etc into his cabinet after what Benn et al did to him (an attempted leadership coup less than 12 months ago)....and if I was JC maybe I would not want to reward people such as Benn.....also if he did invite him and his ilk into the cabinet....JC would always be watching his back.
Also, Corbyn has been expected to lose by a distance ever since he became Labour's leader, so if they were to win, Abbott would take a lot of the credit. Corbyn has been single minded despite the opposition to him within his own party, and victory would only further embolden him against those that stood against him. I can't see why he'd pick anyone else.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Diane Abbott reminds me of being back at school and picking teams for lunch-time football.

Diane Abbott is the really shit kid that no one wants and is always left to the end where the teams each argue that the other side should have her. However on this occasion, her best mate Jeremy felt sorry for her, so made her one of his first picks.

Surely even Jeremy knows that Diane can't play football at all, and with his team facing a defeat he must be regretting having her on his side.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
so did TM

Theresa May turned down an invitation well in advance because unsurprisingly she was rather busy.

Diane Abbott accepted an invitation to appear, had a third humiliating "car crash" interview the day before and then pulled out at the last minute saying she was 'feeling unwell'.

Not quite the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here