Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Detectorists BBC4 Thursday at 10pm

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I've loved this series. Bit surprised it remained out in the boondocks of BBC4.

Probably the sort of thing only the BBC could make. Detectorists sponsored by Gala bingo or interrupted for a Gladstone Brookes advert would have ruined the sense of gentle whimsy.

I agree with almost all of your post except 'boondocks of BBC4'. Make it the first place you look for quality telly and you'll be richly rewarded. BBC radio makes the licence fee worthwhile in itself. BBC4 is a bonus.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Just finished this and it's one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen on British telly.

The whole lot is on iPlayer now so if you haven't yet then just stop what you're doing right now and watch the whole lot.

Utterly glorious.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just finished this and it's one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen on British telly.

The whole lot is on iPlayer now so if you haven't yet then just stop what you're doing right now and watch the whole lot.

Utterly glorious.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Yep. One of my favourite all-time series. Absolutely magnificent.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Yep. One of my favourite all-time series. Absolutely magnificent.

Mine too. Up there with The Wire for me, as all time greatest television ever made. Yes, it’s THAT good if you’ve never seen it. A remarkable gem of a programme.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Slightly different but with a similar gentle vibe, but Mackenzie Crook's Worzel Gummidge was worth watching over Xmas. Just the two episodes.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So fed up with the constant rain I've gone back to Series 1 for the bazillionth time, on I-Player.

Sheila's lemonade will never not be funny.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Not sure why or how I missed this but started watching last night, Toby Jones is a genius as this is seriously funny

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not sure why or how I missed this but started watching last night, Toby Jones is a genius as this is seriously funny
Oh my, you're in for a treat.

I burnt last nights tea due to 'one more episode' syndrome, and I can pretty much recite the entire script.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oh my, you're in for a treat.

I burnt last nights tea due to 'one more episode' syndrome, and I can pretty much recite the entire script.

Started from episode 1 and see there is an Xmas Special, when should I watch that at the end of all three series ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Started from episode 1 and see there is an Xmas Special, when should I watch that at the end of all three series ?

No I'm pretty sure that's between series 2 & 3, if it's not I'll let you know.
I suggest you don't delve into this thread, as we let our fandom seep out and you really need to hear and feel the series with fresh eyes.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
yeah think I'm going to hit iPlayer and watch the 3 series for the umpteenth time.

Genius from beginning to end.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
yeah think I'm going to hit iPlayer and watch the 3 series for the umpteenth time.

Genius from beginning to end.
Series 2 ep 1 here - this is me for the day now.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Only just saw Toby Jones in the Sherlock from about 10 years ago. Really fantastic performance, however, my favorite of his is still playing 'Nello' in the film 'Marvelous', if anyone here has never seen it, I could not recommend it enough. Both Lou Marcari and Gordon Banks say he is the greatest signing Stoke City ever made, Alongside Toby Jones they have all become life long friends.

Trailor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=f0k566wcK64&feature=emb_logo

This is a terrible copy of the film, I would recommend you find a better copy and settle down to one great film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTfL0FrUdZk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BHQzB9S_kg

Interview with Toby Jones and Nello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932zTuO1168

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Thanks for bouncing this thread. Stuck for something to watch last night and having somehow missed this up to now, watched the first two episodes. Loved it. Perfect escape from all the real world doom and gloom. Can't wait to work through the rest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here