Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Desperate times for the Sarf Lundun Skum

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
We could always follow the Palace model and sign 16 players if we get promoted. :facepalm:

Didn't they get someone in, when they first went up, for over £1m who then wasn't even in their 25 man squad? A shambles of a club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Leaving the silliness behind. Some of you lot are going to poo your pants at the price of players when /if you go up this season. 12 million for a player who played 24 games for a team that won a the premiere league is pretty standard TBH.

At the moment I would say that knockhart and maybe Dunk would make a bottom half side but of the games I have seen both on tv and live Brighton will need to add 8 or more players to the squad and that equates to at least 50 million.

Its strange that Boro & Burnley, the two teams we lost out to by a nose last year, have not had to spend that kind of money to be above your galacticos.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
To be fair this money to the St Johns Ambulance mostly was paid back by football fans from many clubs, including Brighton and Palace which Palace fans feel eases their conscience's. But they forget that many other businesses lost out and even the NHS in the shape of the London Ambulance Service lost nearly £23k that was never paid back.

Yes the fans paid them back, but the club stiffing a charity like that was a disgrace.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Its strange that Boro & Burnley, the two teams we lost out to by a nose last year, have not had to spend that kind of money to be above your galacticos.
This is rather a good point. Our team is on course to end the season with a better record than either Boro or Burnley did last year. We will go up in a position of strength from which our exceptionally well run, well resourced and well supported club will undoubtedly strengthen further.

Don't expect the Palace morons to acknowledge this truth though.

It is brilliant how quickly we have been able to turn the tables on them. They will soon be trailing in our wake as they really should be.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Allardyce has signed him to perform the job Patrick van Aanholt did for him at Sunderland. Maraud forward from left back and pop up with a few goals. Schlupp always had that in his locker in his Championship days.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
With the new TV deal, it's really the equivalent of £5 million 18 months ago. I hardly know anything about the lad but Allardyce, Pulis and Bruce all wanted him so that's good enough for me. Your envy is staggering, having to post a thread such as this. It's like a tramp laughing at you as you walk into The Ritz.

So glad that you are back because you are undoubtably the biggest **** that has ever posted on NSC. Carry on with your mad bollocks. How's the Palace European journey you assured us was coming before you were banned a few months ago coming along? Benteke's signing had you salivating and giving it the big one on here too, how has that turned out? :lolol:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Judge him after 10 games
Almost halfway there [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji106]

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Almost halfway there [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji106]
Doesn't seem to be much improvement yet does there.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
How would you say it's going?

Poorly !!

We have been pardewed like Newcastle were. A unbalanced yet skillful bunch of players with no fight. We will go down, many of us won't be too bothered as being a fan scince 72 I've seen us up and down a few times now and it's never stopped me going.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Poorly !!

We have been pardewed like Newcastle were. A unbalanced yet skillful bunch of players with no fight. We will go down, many of us won't be too bothered as being a fan scince 72 I've seen us up and down a few times now and it's never stopped me going.

Many of you won't be too bothered if you're relegated, but history seems to suggest that several thousand of you would be bothered enough to stop going.

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/cryp.htm

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here