Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby sign Tom Ince: £4.75 million

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No throat jumping. Just interested in understanding your point about Derby compared to the Albion. So ambition or "real" ambition in your view means Albion, ie: Tony Bloom should have spent more money. ?
and that presumably his existing investment (£205m in 5 years or so) is not enough. And Derby's spending is the yardstick by which ambition or real ambition can be measured ?
Is that correct ?

My spidey-sense tells me that this is a heavily loaded question...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No throat jumping. Just interested in understanding your point about Derby compared to the Albion. So ambition or "real" ambition in your view means Albion, ie: Tony Bloom should have spent more money. ?
and that presumably his existing investment (£205m in 5 years or so) is not enough. And Derby's spending is the yardstick by which ambition or real ambition can be measured ?
Is that correct ?

No there is no yardstick all I am saying is "wouldn't it be nice if we could have gone down the same road as Derby, having failed to get promoted, and actually continued to invest in the team rather than downgrading it". I am not saying we should have or could have just that I would have liked it if we could, I am convinced by your very defensive attitude to all things Albion that you are much closer to the hierarchy than you care to admit. :smile:

I think TB has done an amazing job with the infrastructure. I just sometimes question his way of doing things on the football field, it's a forum I can do that, no?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Is that correct ?

the difference is that Derby spent well
well did'nt
Tony has adjusted that and learned well ...................so we all move on

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
the difference is that Derby spent well
well did'nt
Tony has adjusted that and learned well ...................so we all move on

Goes deeper, they didn't sell off their prize assets.

No there is no yardstick all I am saying is "wouldn't it be nice if we could have gone down the same road as Derby, having failed to get promoted, and actually continued to invest in the team rather than downgrading it". I am not saying we should have or could have just that I would have liked it if we could, I am convinced by your very defensive attitude to all things Albion that you are much closer to the hierarchy than you care to admit. :smile:

I think TB has done an amazing job with the infrastructure. I just sometimes question his way of doing things on the football field, it's a forum I can do that, no?

So basically you want to deal with everything on a totally superficial level and anyone trying to engage on a more factual basis is likely to find themselves randomly ridiculed and/or their motives questioned, seemingly for no reason whatsoever?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
So basically you want to deal with everything on a totally superficial level and anyone trying to engage on a more factual basis is likely to find themselves randomly ridiculed and/or their motives questioned, seemingly for no reason whatsoever?

Have you actually read the thread and the previous posts? If there is a random attack it's coming from you and I wasn't aware that I was ridiculing anyone.

Have you actually read the thread and the previous posts? If there is a random attack it's coming from you and I wasn't aware that I was ridiculing anyone.

Yes I have and maybe belittling would have been a better word to have used.

"...........I am convinced by your very defensive attitude to all things Albion that you are much closer to the hierarchy than you care to admit......."

I'd say you're questioning CJ's motives here, having been "convinced" by what exactly that he's somehow close to the Albion hierarchy? That he generally looks for and uses facts rather than clichés? All seems pretty random and unsubstantiated fluff to me.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yes I have and maybe belittling would have been a better word to have used.

"...........I am convinced by your very defensive attitude to all things Albion that you are much closer to the hierarchy than you care to admit......."

I'd say you're questioning CJ's motives here, having been "convinced" by what exactly that he's somehow close to the Albion hierarchy? That he generally looks for and uses facts rather than clichés? All seems pretty random and unsubstantiated fluff to me.

Well I am sorry if it came across as belittling, it certainly wasn't meant like that. I have great admiration for Chaileyjem and his tenacity. I'll stick to just the fluff in future.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I thought Matt Phillips was the better of the two Blackpool wingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here