Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Surprised to see 4-4-2 today.

Not surprised but it would not be my choice. Not fussed. We will have to trust CH. Tex was taken off early on our last debacle up there. Ince replaced him (from memory, not checked).

Will Murphy get enough of the ball? I would tend to pass to March.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Its our best team available (except Zamora on the bench unless needed). Get the best players on the pitch and worry about formation after that. Hemed will run around and do a defensive job also.

I agree that it plays to our strengths, but expected CH to counter their formation (in particular, three in the middle).
Interesting.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't remember being this nervous about a game for a long time.

I don't want us to get hammered and the bubble burst.

But also I feel we could win handsomely and then we would know for sure we are serious title contenders, let alone promotion!

If... IF, we win it won't stop the rest of the country telling us we're still in a false position.

Feb 14, 2010
I agree that it plays to our strengths, but expected CH to counter their formation (in particular, three in the middle).
Interesting.

Cant do it really. Hemed might be key in stopping many attacks before they start with his running. I'm not a fan of forwards being headless chickens, their job is in the box, but today, we will need him to run around and close down their defence and midfielders. If he catches one of them in possession then Wilson is up front to convert any break. That's a theory anyway.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Says to me that we are not worried about them at all. Why should we be? We are top of the league!! :albion2:

Poyet used to set up according to the opposition, not always, but more regularly than not. Hughton seems to be setting us up as we see fit and bollocks to the oppo, let them worry about us. I like that.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WA on Radio Sussex talking sense but he doesn't know the loan rules re Wilson. I think he can be recalled after 28 days ?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
going 2-0 down showed a severe lack of something ......if we come back from 2-0 down v derby i will walk home from australia dressed as a smurff.

Look man! But we could not stop him (at first*). Thing to do would be to sign him. *Then Bruno did well stopping him getting the ball.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
going 2-0 down showed a severe lack of something
Yeah, a solid defense. Kahunas isn't about never letting goals in, it's about showing spirit and determination when up against it, and we did that.

......if we come back from 2-0 down v derby i will walk home from australia dressed as a smurff.
It must be your current remoteness that explains your lack of knowledge of our current team.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'd sooner draw the next two matches than lose this one and beat QPR! Six pointer.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Several of their players alone cost more than our entire starting line up so I'm not expecting much. Hopefully the referee will be strong as all 3 of their centre midfielders are prone to making nasty tackles.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Several of their players alone cost more than our entire starting line up so I'm not expecting much. Hopefully the referee will be strong as all 3 of their centre midfielders are prone to making nasty tackles.

They spent nealry £20 million in the summer.

A thing to look for. Are our midfielders quicker than theirs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here