Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby County vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If you read my response. I was not commenting on every point in your post. I actually highlighted that point and commented solely on that aspect of what was a lengthy post by yourself initially

I get it, you just ignored my actual point because you saw an opportunity to yet again allude to the fact you chat to Chris occasionally. That's fine. Carry on.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
This is it and as we are the away side one can expect to lose the 50/50 ref decisions. A technical penalty perhaps but I doubt that it would have been given at the AMEX against us. A great result. The stats show Derby deserved a draw from this.

Yes their goal tally matched ours

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I get it, you just ignored my actual point because you saw an opportunity to yet again allude to the fact you chat to Chris occasionally. That's fine. Carry on.

That was never my intention. The rest of the points in your post were fairly good, valid and reasonable points. Why would I challenge points that for the most part I agreed with.

The part on Dunk I highlighted because I had discussed this issue very recently, quite simply because of the Penalty he gave away against Burnley so it was something I knew the answer to. I personally think Uwe is a better player than Dunk, which was not agreed with - And in my post I mentioned the reasons I was disagreed with. I thought you may have been interested in knowing those thoughts. Obviously not.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I haven't missed the point. It is the same point you agree with on my second quote - JFC was being picked because he was the best option at the time (due to a lack of options) yet people who criticised him were told they were wrong on the basis those managers had picked him, as if his selection meant they thought he was a great player. Selection doesn't mean the manager thinks you're the best player, just that in that given situation they are the best option (for any number of reasons).
I think you are missing the point. I agree with you that the manager has picked a player as they're the best option (for any number of reasons) so when fans overly criticise the player I often disagree, not because their selection means they're great, but because the manager has all the information we don't have, and has deemed that player is, as you put it, the best option. So if they're the best option, it doesn't mean they're brilliant, they're just the best option, and their selection is justified.

Do you not think it's possible to respect his decision while also disagreeing with it?
There are different ways to disagree. You could say 'I think Uwe would be a better choice than Dunk for such and such a game' is a way of respectfully disagreeing with the managers choice. And the manager themselves may have been in quite a quandary over which player to pick on a given day. Another way of disagreeing would be to say 'Uwe is better than Dunk and should have been picked instead'. That's making it less of an opinion and more a statement of fact, and clearly implying that you know more than the manager, which is ridiculous.

Isn't team selection one of those things fans like to debate all the time?
Indeed, and debating the pros and cons of different players and team set-ups is easily possible without pretending you know more about our players than the talented professional that works with them on a daily basis.

Can I expect to see you pop up in the "team for QPR" thread telling them all if they have any sense they will respect Hughton's decision?
If someone is stupid enough to say that Hughton doesn't know what he's doing and he'd be better picking a completely different team, then yes, expect to see me, making a fool of the fools.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
(tl:dr)
I guess to summarise, stopping spouting that "[x] if the new Barnes" or "you know better than Hughton?" lines. If you can't be bothered to properly counter criticisms of a player or a player's selection, please, just ignore it.

(nb, I'm not telling people what they can or can't post, just making a request - one I'm sure will be ignored, but at least I tried)

Your Tl;dr was a bit too long, so I didn't read it.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
I would disagree with that. If Chris is playing Dunk ahead of Uwe then he thinks he is a better player. He knows Dunky can be a liability and do crazy things occasionally and personally I am not Dunks biggest fan but playing out of defence and creating passing angles going forward he gives you more than Uwe does.

He is also a lot more vocal than Uwe who is surprisingly not that vocal on the pitch and in training although he is a good solid defender and the manager likes him. I think he is just pleased to be blessed with 2 very capable defenders

Haha 'Chris'. You might as well say 'the Brighton manager I know and you don't'. It's painfully obvious you want to be thought of as 'in the know', so many of your post resonate it and thus have an air of condescension about them. Either say what you know or don't, but giving subtle clues you're more informed than other people while at the same time providing nothing of real substance will pee people off fairly quickly (you seem to already have me and Acker).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Haha 'Chris'. You might as well say 'the Brighton manager I know and you don't'. It's painfully obvious you want to be thought of as 'in the know', so many of your post resonate it and thus have an air of condescension about them. Either say what you know or don't, but giving subtle clues you're more informed than other people while at the same time providing nothing of real substance will pee people off fairly quickly (you seem to already have me and Acker).

I like reading NooBHA's posts. It's the Palace Goons posting on here who pee me off, personally, more than the posts of an interesting poster.

Dec 15, 2014
Here
I would disagree with that. If Chris is playing Dunk ahead of Uwe then he thinks he is a better player. He knows Dunky can be a liability and do crazy things occasionally and personally I am not Dunks biggest fan but playing out of defence and creating passing angles going forward he gives you more than Uwe does.

He is also a lot more vocal than Uwe who is surprisingly not that vocal on the pitch and in training although he is a good solid defender and the manager likes him. I think he is just pleased to be blessed with 2 very capable defenders

It's not that Uwe is not vocal. It's just that no one in the Albion knows what "Gib den Ball weiter!" means.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Don't you think this post is rather offensive? They guy has direct conversations with Hughton and gives us insight, to an extent, into those conversations. I would say "please carry on, it's much appreciated", unless you think he's making it all up?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

Isn't that exactly what he did say?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
just watched the whole game.....we matched them , obviously happy with a point as opposed to none but **** me dead Rohan Ince....w.t.f was he thinking......???.......ambling around like he's over-dosed on valium.....needs a kick up the arse ....hard....!!

dunk and bruno stood out......can't blame greer for the tackle .......not sure who is the larger bell-end mason or chris martin...what a moaning , diving , injury feigning twatt....!!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Ince has made a career out of rushed and misdirected passes....we saw it all through the previous managers' tenures.... it was a time wasting exercise at 82 mins, it back fired sadly....but lessons learnt hopefully.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
just watched the whole game.....we matched them , obviously happy with a point as opposed to none but **** me dead Rohan Ince....w.t.f was he thinking......???.......ambling around like he's over-dosed on valium.....needs a kick up the arse ....hard....!!.!!

Yep. Doubt we will se much mire of him

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Don't you think this post is rather offensive? They guy has direct conversations with Hughton and gives us insight, to an extent, into those conversations. I would say "please carry on, it's much appreciated", unless you think he's making it all up?

Passive aggressive, maybe. Probably a little bitchy. But offensive? No. There are a lot of people on here who have (or claim to have) inside information. It's not overly special. My issue was that NooBHA completely (and seemingly deliberately) ignored the point of my post (which was a request for people not lazily dismissing any criticism with flawed logic), just so s/he could once again let us all know s/he is in conversation with Chris.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Passive aggressive, maybe. Probably a little bitchy. But offensive? No. There are a lot of people on here who have (or claim to have) inside information. It's not overly special. My issue was that NooBHA completely (and seemingly deliberately) ignored the point of my post (which was a request for people not lazily dismissing any criticism with flawed logic), just so s/he could once again let us all know s/he is in conversation with Chris.

I have explained the reason in a later post and even stated that I agreed with most of your original post and that I only picked up on that one point because it was a subject that was discussed. If you only want to pick up on the negative I cant stop you but I did genuinely agree with most of what you said but if that still upsets you I won't contradict anything you say from now on because I really don't want to fall out with anyone. Well not unless people say negative things about Chris. Can't tell you the number of time I fell out with people on the Norwich boards as you can probably imagine but even some of negative things I can accept as well because I don't have ''blind allegiance''

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here