Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk [+ Newcastle now interested]

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Jesus this thread is funny, another club shows an interest in one of our players PB and TB immediately get slated for lack of ambition and are only interested in building hotels. :facepalm: Its going to be a long summer.

Unbelievable isn't it!? Some other Club allegedly shows an interest in one of our players and PB and TB get slated when they have made no comment other than allegedly that he is not for sale. I honestly do not know how some of the posters on this site get through their day to day lives, the Summer silly season is truly on us!!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Most good players are at clubs with ambition,they stay where they are for good wages and the ambition of promotion therefore the club can demand high transfer fees,our wage structure is low and the club have proven over the last few years that they lack ambition, our players have to move on to further their careers

Would a player at say, Derby, turn down a Premier League move where they were offered something like 2 or 3 times their current wage (or more) and top flight football next season just because there is a chance the Derby may go up next season?

Our wage structure is low? - were you not around in the 90's, when the club was nearly lost because of the debt it had acquired when spending too much on players (10 year contracts when we were in the top flight, etc) Have you not witnessed a multitude of clubs going into administration because of the debt they have racked up chasing success (Leeds, Cardiff, Southampton, Palace, Middlesbrough, Portsmouth ............I could go on listing them all but hopefully don't need to)

For years, when at Withdean, we had no real assets so administration would have killed the club.
At the Amex, Bloom has already invested £200m of his own money into the club (which it doesn't seem is enough for some people) and subsidising the club every season by around £8m to £14m - who are you or i to demand that he lose even more money because we want and we demand something that he isn't prepared to do. It's his money, he has earnt it and it's up to him how he spends it, if you arn't happy with how much is going into the club, feel free to contact them and offer to invest your own millions, knowing that it is highly unlikely that you will ever see it again just so that othes can them criticise you as well for not investing enough and buying success (which is never guarenteed)

Tony seems to be building an Empire with the hotel coming next, where is the focus on promotion .
Well the hotel hasn't even got planning permission as far as i am aware,so i very much doubt that they will start to promote it to potential guests any time soon.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yet, club funds are paying for the hotel.
Eh?

I had no idea building hotels was so cheap. I don't like to brag, but I earn about £10m per year more than BHA, maybe I should build some.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Some of the posters on here should be ashamed of themselves.All Lewis Dunk has done is develop through the ranks of our youth system to become a decent footballer.So when his abilities are noticed by other clubs these people fill the need to put him down.Why are we looking at likely replacements when the player has shown no desire to leave his boyhood team.The clubs that have shown an interest in him are not going to offer silly money to buy him.
TB & PB are not idiots they know that we need strengthening not weekending.no point selling dunk for a nominal fee if we have no replacement.we learned that lesson the hard way last summer.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Fair enough if we sell him to a Premier League club but if we sell him to Derby or Fulham it's making a statement that our sole intention next season is to try avoid relegation again.

Yep

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good work by the Agent to inform Sky of the bids, that will out the Premiership Clubs who have been monitoring.
Dunk has been monitored by Bournemouth for very long time and he fits into their transfer policy.
We have had our moment of glory by saying "not for sale" but the club has always said that is not our policy.
Every player has a price. Just a case of when not if now....Dunk out, Perch In...?
Alternatively the club are confident, this summer, it will receive an offer it can't refuse for Dunk.

Leaking news of a couple of derisory in the hope they flush out the big money now instead of 31.08, when it's no use to anybody.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Eh?

I had no idea building hotels was so cheap. I don't like to brag, but I earn about £10m per year more than BHA, maybe I should build some.
You've got to land on them first.

I won't bother building any in Regent's Street, it's overpriced.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Is he any better than the ones you let go ? Cook and elphick spring to mind . I must admit , of the limited times I've seen him , he hasn't impressed me at all . The premier league isn't the place for him Yet , so he might as well stay put and play regularly .

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Barber is CEO correct?

I rather suspect this role involves a bit more than money raising otherwise we could save 500k straight away.
What would you say PB's MAIN role is as CEO of Team Albion, if not generating money?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Derby and Fulham bid for Dunk

If sell then sell in advance of the first pre season game . All clubs are selling clubs except maybe 6 or 7 worldwide ( even those sell at right price ) . Prefer to keep but if he goes then he needs to go early to not hinder us . We need lots of players so the earlier we can do this the better . Price wise . Anything North of 2 million would be good business . He isn't that good or not replaceable !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
What would you say PB's MAIN role is as CEO of Team Albion, if not generating money?

Managing the bottom line ... responsible for increasing revenues and controlling costs.

In terms of revenue I would have thought his main focus was on things like ticket sales, 1901 penetration, sponsorships, merchandise etc.

Flogging players is a bit of a blunt instrument although no doubt getting the best price would be squarely within his remit

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Jesus this thread is funny, another club shows an interest in one of our players PB and TB immediately get slated for lack of ambition and are only interested in building hotels. :facepalm: Its going to be a long summer.

Its going to be another long season mate! :facepalm:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is he any better than the ones you let go ? Cook and elphick spring to mind . I must admit , of the limited times I've seen him , he hasn't impressed me at all . The premier league isn't the place for him Yet , so he might as well stay put and play regularly .
I agree.

What am I saying?[emoji33]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here