[Albion] Deniz Undav

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I like a striker who was released because he was too small. I seem to remember that was happened to a young Bobby Z at West Ham. In the early part of this century my brother's job meant him bumping into Harry Redknapp. They obviously spoke about football and when my brother said that Brighton had an excellent young striker, Redknapp, in his finest 'leaning out of a car window at a training ground when down to the bare bones' exasperated voice cried 'I Know! I 'ad 'im at West'am!' 'Arry was obviously gutted to find out that way that some kids can have late growth spurts.
Wardy was also rejected as too small.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Two more years in Belgium? Then he might pop to us for 1 year?

Seems a bit old at 25 for our recruitment process?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Two more years in Belgium? Then he might pop to us for 1 year?

Seems a bit old at 25 for our recruitment process?
Trossard was 24 when he joined but admittedly had more top flight (in Belgium anyway) experience than this guy.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The USG players have committed to staying and pushing for the title this window in interviews. Any deal would probably be a loan back until end of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton and Hove Albion on Twitter stating 1 hour ago that 'Extremely prolific USG striker Deniz Undav is moving to Brighton this January'.

Interesting.

TNBA

TTF

I’d be very surprised if TB rocked the USG momentum this month, it would almost certainly be divisive wouldn’t it?

[MENTION=21239]Originunknown[/MENTION] has posted the mostly likely scenario if this were to happen

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Ian Wright was famously told by Ted Streeter, "sorry son you are a bit too much of a lightweight to make it".

The rest, as they say, is . . .

Not a striker but possibly Brighton’s worst call over size in our history was when we took two Irish lads for a trial. Paul McCarthy (RIP) we signed but we decided his mate called Roy Keane was too small and weak. Looking back I think we might have got that a little wrong. Maybe.

Dec 29, 2011
I’d be very surprised if TB rocked the USG momentum this month, it would almost certainly be divisive wouldn’t it?

[MENTION=21239]Originunknown[/MENTION] has posted the mostly likely scenario if this were to happen

Especially considering we aren't in dire need of points.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Seems unlikely. Given our relationship why sign him only to loan him back? Can’t see any reason to do that at all.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Seems unlikely. Given our relationship why sign him only to loan him back? Can’t see any reason to do that at all.

Because we don’t need him now
Because they are in a title race

But maybe for once we are getting ahead of the game for a player who is obviously going to be in demand in the summer ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not a striker but possibly Brighton’s worst call over size in our history was when we took two Irish lads for a trial. Paul McCarthy (RIP) we signed but we decided his mate called Roy Keane was too small and weak. Looking back I think we might have got that a little wrong. Maybe.

I wonder if that was the same people who decided Ian Wright was too small and weak too?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Player’s contract expires at the end of next season and he is presumably likely to increase his salary by 10x given his existing deal was signed as an unknown Belgium 2nd tier player. Having him signed to a new 4.5 year deal now gives everyone at BHA and USG a bit of certainty.

Or something like that.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Well we obviously rate him highly. Having a great season but you’d think
If we finish top ten, and especially given our interest in Nunez, we’d be looking at someone a little more exciting. Isn’t even particularly young.
There’s only so many spaces in the first team squad, at some point soon we can expect something of a mini exodus.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Very unhappy about this if true. Was outspoken about Watford doing it and not going to be hypocritical and change my mind now, Loaning players is one thing - selling players to yourself is quite another. I know there are no rules being broken but no-one can convince me it looks good.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Surely if this was to happen its in the summer. They're top of the league right now. Easy way for Bloom to become disliked by taking their star striker away.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Very unhappy about this if true. Was outspoken about Watford doing it and not going to be hypocritical and change my mind now, Loaning players is one thing - selling players to yourself is quite another. I know there are no rules being broken but no-one can convince me it looks good.

Yup I totally agree. That and stock piling young players has always been something that hasn’t looked great. If this is true, and with the loans going the other way, it essentially proves USG are our feeder club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports