[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I’d be pretty gutted if we’ve pre-agreed a sale for less that £30m.
That would be tied at around the 15th highest transfer fee paid by a German club ever, and over double Stuttgart’s highest transfer fee paid. We aren’t getting anywhere near that for him. If the reports of double digit millions are true and if it matches their highest ever fee paid we’d have still over doubled our money.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
can’t help but think Denis would be a huge asset right now if he was still with us.
Well. The incident early in the second half where the ball flew across the pen area with nobody chasing in, screamed, need a natural scorer on that. Similarly the number of times Mitoma beat his man only to have his cross cleared at the front post.

We've dropped a bollock letting the lad go reckon. Got to hope Stuttgart don't qualify for the Champ League, can't afford the release clause, and we get him back for next season, or more likely get his true value.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Just suggesting...but is there a case for square pegs and square holes here? That DU 'fits' the German League (for reasons that I can't speculate on) but doesn't 'fit' PL?

Or is it club/coach specific; he just couldn't find a niche with RDZ?

Or is it just that he will be great for us next season having overcome unstated personal issues last season and finding his mojo this, and we dropped one by letting him go?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just suggesting...but is there a case for square pegs and square holes here? That DU 'fits' the German League (for reasons that I can't speculate on) but doesn't 'fit' PL?

Or is it club/coach specific; he just couldn't find a niche with RDZ?

Or is it just that he will be great for us next season having overcome unstated personal issues last season and finding his mojo this, and we dropped one by letting him go?
He has gone back to Germany for family reasons.

Nothing more to it than that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Understood. Which begs question as to why he came to England in first place.
Something happened in the autumn of 22. Dunno what. Private matter.

I'd love to see him back.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He will only deliver those sort of numbers of goals for us if we can get it to him quickly rather than trying to overplay the build up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Evidently was longer term issue than sudden death or illness, say, more like he needed longer term to be closer to family. No problem (Burn and Stephens had similar desires) but it is still
annoying? cider? my beating heart?

:wink:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Mac - depends what the add-ons are, achievable or not. Even so, half the value of his midfield team mate in a WC winning side? Hmmm.....
And Chelsea got a real bargain with Sanchez - a top young GK who could be their no.1 for ten years. If it hadn't been for the fall out with de Zerbi, and he was still playing every week for us it would have taken a fair bit more £25M to prise him away.
Chelsea no.1 for 10 years? Are we talking about the same Sanchez? Poor with the ball at his feet but critically a bad error always 'waiting in the wings'. His move to Chelsea was more about him being fairly cheap by their standards, RDZ seeing his flaws and Sanchez downing tools instead of addressing them. And I wonder how much influence Ben Roberts had in getting him the move. I would suspect they are actively looking for a replacement as the errors will come and the fans will quickly be on his back.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Chelsea no.1 for 10 years? Are we talking about the same Sanchez? Poor with the ball at his feet but critically a bad error always 'waiting in the wings'. His move to Chelsea was more about him being fairly cheap by their standards, RDZ seeing his flaws and Sanchez downing tools instead of addressing them. And I wonder how much influence Ben Roberts had in getting him the move. I would suspect they are actively looking for a replacement as the errors will come and the fans will quickly be on his back.
Is that the same Sanchez that saved is team two points late in the game today? It's funny how so many people's opinions swung from delight when this calm, unflustered GK took over from Little Maty to suddenly becoming a dreadful GK when de Zerbi decided he didn't like him!
Calm and unflappable become lazy and disinterested overnight, for example. His biggest mistake wasn't dropping the ball against Crystal Palace, it was falling out with a new manager who, it is generally held, can do no wrong - so far, anyway!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Is that the same Sanchez that saved is team two points late in the game today? It's funny how so many people's opinions swung from delight when this calm, unflustered GK took over from Little Maty to suddenly becoming a dreadful GK when de Zerbi decided he didn't like him!
Calm and unflappable become lazy and disinterested overnight, for example. His biggest mistake wasn't dropping the ball against Crystal Palace, it was falling out with a new manager who, it is generally held, can do no wrong - so far, anyway!
Was that his save from Gross? Wasn't that before our second goal?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Sorry but I'm not being a history revisionist on this. That cool demeanor was not actually reflected in the consistency of his performances. Long before RDZ 's arrival there was disquiet about silly errors popping up every few games.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry but I'm not being a history revisionist on this. That cool demeanor was not actually reflected in the consistency of his performances. Long before RDZ 's arrival there was disquiet about silly errors popping up every few games.
OK, so maybe you aren't a revisionist - but there were/are revisionists a-plenty on here!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports