[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
This. I think there is more to Undav's move than RDZ not wanting/rating him. There were almost certainly non-footballing reasons for his move, too.
I can't remember if it was this thread or elsewhere - at the risk of repeating, a few weeks back I posted of Undav being the guest on a late evening highlights show in Germany which also included a short cameo message from Pascal G to him. He was asked the question, would he like to stay at the end of the loan with the interviewer adding, Stuttgart had an option to buy - unless I lost it in translation? He gave the diplomatic answer of "I have a contract with Brighton but we'll see what happens." With a wry smile on his face....

Unless somebody with deeper pockets comes calling I reckon he'll stay there.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
With all our injury concerns is there any scope for Undav, Moran, Sima, Alzate, or even Ayari (who is barely getting any time at Coventry) returning in January?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I didn’t realise he had only been a professional player for 3 years before he came to us!

get him back

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I would say Pedro has a much better all round contribution than Undav. Undav though is a top draw finisher
I tend to agree. Undav's finishing, especially now he's got his mojo back, is superb. Pedro has missed a couple of sitters (Wolves, Liverpool) but his all round game is improving.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
With all our injury concerns is there any scope for Undav,
....no
.....in the right place at the moment, so no.
.........doing well at Rangers - but that is the SPL. RDZ to have a look in the summer; now? No.
.....the most likely, and the best option. But he's been shunted out so often after playing well for us, and has been messed around as loan deals were f***ed up - will he want to come back to the Albion? When is his contract up? - I expect he'll leave then, if not bought by someone before that.
.............or even Ayari (who is barely getting any time at Coventry) returning in January?
Not good enough for Coventry (according to Coventry's player selection) so the answer to the Albion's prayers? I don't think so! End his near useless (so far) loan in January by all means - but only if it is to find him a better one.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Deniz scored again yesterday. Now joint 5 th top scorer. Goal every 68 minutes which is tremendous
I’d be pretty gutted if we’ve pre-agreed a sale for less that £30m.

IMG_3841.jpeg

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
I’d be pretty gutted if we’ve pre-agreed a sale for less that £30m.

View attachment 170705
We bought him for about £7m if I recall correctly.

He played well for us in the PL but never first choice.

For an experienced pro loan (as opposed to a youngster getting experience), to be honest I would expect there to be a buy option in this deal. Given our attacking options in September he might well have been considered surplus to requirements.

In which case I can't see that we would ever have set a buy option as high as 30m. Probably more like 15m as a nice little profit for a player we didn't think we needed.

Pure speculation on my part.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Be prepared to be disappointed then.

It will be nowhere near 30m.
Prob be about £6m at a guess

I’m sure it was a loan with an option to buy too ☹️

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We bought him for about £7m if I recall correctly.

He played well for us in the PL but never first choice.

For an experienced pro loan (as opposed to a youngster getting experience), to be honest I would expect there to be a buy option in this deal. Given our attacking options in September he might well have been considered surplus to requirements.

In which case I can't see that we would ever have set a buy option as high as 30m. Probably more like 15m as a nice little profit for a player we didn't think we needed.

Pure speculation on my part.
We paid £5.016m (as it was a transfer from a related party, the exact figure was quoted in the financial report).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Prob be about £6m at a guess

I’m sure it was a loan with an option to buy too ☹️
I think the figure for the optional purchase was described as in the ‘double figures’ of millions. So could be £10m but definitely not what a player getting his stats in the Bundesliga is worth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports