Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rangers had a buy option on a loan player from Bayern Munich last season, Bayern decided to keep the player but paid Rangers £1m compensation to cancel the buy option. I don't know if that is possible with this loan deal.
Personally I would love to have him back next season, but it seems he just doesn't quite suit De Zerbi, even so, quite likely he will have a higher value than the fee agreed before he went there.
I don't think we have any evidence of that.

However what we do know is he hardly played this time last year due to a family issue. He was evidently quite depressed.

And it seems almost certain he is playing in Germany now so he can be close to his family. That's why the loan seemed baffling at the time (he was starting and coring for us).

So I doubt he'd want to come back here unless the issues at home are resolved.

Best wishes to him whatever pans out.

Edit I keep typing 'home' instead of a variety of other words. How very queer. Now edited.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m thinking there’s a personal issue there and not settled in England. Was surprised regardless that we apparently included a buy option - seems a bit short sighted.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
White, Cucurella and Caicedo, yes we did. But Mac Allister, Trossard, Sanchez? - not so much perhaps.
Mac was £55m with the add ons which is fair. Sanchez isn’t worth £25m for me so was happy with that. Tross was the one that went too cheap but contract played a big part in that and him sulking and downing tools too.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Mac Allister could have left for nothing but we had him sign a new contract pre World Cup to get any money at all.

Trossard possibly we lost out on but made a profit and he was away with the fairies.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Mac was £55m with the add ons which is fair. Sanchez isn’t worth £25m for me so was happy with that. Tross was the one that went too cheap but contract played a big part in that and him sulking and downing tools too.
Mac - depends what the add-ons are, achievable or not. Even so, half the value of his midfield team mate in a WC winning side? Hmmm.....
And Chelsea got a real bargain with Sanchez - a top young GK who could be their no.1 for ten years. If it hadn't been for the fall out with de Zerbi, and he was still playing every week for us it would have taken a fair bit more £25M to prise him away.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Mac - depends what the add-ons are, achievable or not. Even so, half the value of his midfield team mate in a WC winning side? Hmmm.....
And Chelsea got a real bargain with Sanchez - a top young GK who could be their no.1 for ten years. If it hadn't been for the fall out with de Zerbi, and he was still playing every week for us it would have taken a fair bit more £25M to prise him away.
I'm absolutely amazed the Albion haven't yet offered you the role of chief transfer negotiator @GT49er.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Have to respectfully disagree about Sanchez. I still think we’ve pulled Chelsea’s pants down to get £25m, he’s made several mistakes already this season

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
White, Cucurella and Caicedo, yes we did. But Mac Allister, Trossard, Sanchez? - not so much perhaps.
Yeah, but the Chelsea factor has perhaps inflated our views a bit.
  • White was probably over-priced at £50m after 1 top flight season, however, on balance will be worth that money although Arsenal are getting in the habit for overpaying (Rice and Havertz for example)
  • Chelsea overpaid massively for Cucur£lla and Caic£do in my opinion, but hey, Chelsea always pay in the end
  • Mac Allister (if we get £55m in the end) is about right
  • Trossard was running down his contract and kicking up a stink so probably a bit down on that front, but £25m incl add-ons isn't that bad
  • Sanchez was never a £25m keeper but as he's a £15m keeper that we'd somehow have sold for £40m if he hadn't thrown his toys out of the pram, I can see how we could have lost out. As it was, £25m for a very good, if inconsistent, non-playing member of our squad probably was a decent return

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't think we have any evidence of that.

However what we do know is he hardly played this time last year due to a family issue. He was evidently quite depressed.

And it seems almost certain he is playing in Germany now so he can be close to his family. That's why the loan seemed baffling at the time (he was starting and coring for us).

So I doubt he'd want to come back here unless the issues at home are resolved.

Best wishes to him whatever pans out.

Edit I keep typing 'home' instead of a variety of other words. How very queer. Now edited.
This. I think there is more to Undav's move than RDZ not wanting/rating him. There were almost certainly non-footballing reasons for his move, too.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Anyone seen the stats for undav minutes per goal ? I can't seem to find for this season. But I remember working out last week and it was about the same as kane :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here