Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deniz Undav - season long loan to Stuttgart confirmed

Therein is the problem with him. His finishing was unbelievable, possibly one of the best the club has ever seen. It was just the rest of his game that wasn't up to much.

He was getting better though which is why I still think it is odd we shipped him out.
I'm still questioning if the finishing is that great, that first touch in the Wembley semi will haunt me forever

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Therein is the problem with him. His finishing was unbelievable, possibly one of the best the club has ever seen. It was just the rest of his game that wasn't up to much.

He was getting better though which is why I still think it is odd we shipped him out.
Thought his touch was good and also weight of pass. He wasn’t very good at pressing, and that is a big part of our game.

I’m also disappointed he went, but I understand some of it may have been personal choice.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ahhh, not sure, Pedro has shelled some absolute sitters.

On the evidence we have so far, Undav is far better in front of goal.

Though i'm happy to concede that we've seen a fairly small sample size on both and at Joao Pedro's age, we can reasonably expect improvement
I agree with this but Undav’s all round game was just not up to De Zerbi standards. He only got in the team off the back of his elite finishing.

That said, I’d love him back in January as we are short. I’d prefer his current striker partner though. Apparently there is a buy clause. I’m sure we’ll give Stuttgart a great deal on Undav permanently if they let us have their other top striker.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I agree with this but Undav’s all round game was just not up to De Zerbi standards. He only got in the team off the back of his elite finishing.

That said, I’d love him back in January as we are short. I’d prefer his current striker partner though. Apparently there is a buy clause. I’m sure we’ll give Stuttgart a great deal on Undav permanently if they let us have their other top striker.
Undav has had limited minutes on the pitch, his actual rate of scoring is similar to Guirassy,

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If he really has ambitions to go to the Euro24 with die Mannschaft, it is absolutely right choice for him.

It is certainly more likely that he can score ~15 goals in BL (last season Niclas Füllkrug got 16 goals and is now a regular in national team) than getting enough goals (and attention) for teams like Wolves or Everton.

If he's match fit again I would be surprised if he doesn't get called up by Germany soon. They're not exactly overloaded with striker options and I guess there's a chance that Turkey could offer him a call up.

Would that have happened if he'd started a maximum of 1 game for us this season (in the league Cup) ?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
2-1 Stuttgart today. Undav brace.

Do they have a right to buy or straight loan?

F me. If we have some ridiculous low loan to perm fee they're gonna be getting a ludicrous bargain. He must be up their with kane in minutes to goals in the bundesliga. Utterly baffling.

Just found this. Will the fee be agreed pre signing ?

Stuttgart have today announced the signing of Brighton forward Deniz Undav (27) on a season-long loan for a reported €700,000 with a purchase option included. Should VfB decide to sign the German striker on a permanent basis, Brighton can expect to receive a fee in the double-digit million range.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
F me. If we have some ridiculous low loan to perm fee they're gonna be getting a ludicrous bargain. He must be up their with kane in minutes to goals in the bundesliga. Utterly baffling.

Just found this. Will the fee be agreed pre signing ?

Stuttgart have today announced the signing of Brighton forward Deniz Undav (27) on a season-long loan for a reported €700,000 with a purchase option included. Should VfB decide to sign the German striker on a permanent basis, Brighton can expect to receive a fee in the double-digit million range.
Rangers had a buy option on a loan player from Bayern Munich last season, Bayern decided to keep the player but paid Rangers £1m compensation to cancel the buy option. I don't know if that is possible with this loan deal.
Personally I would love to have him back next season, but it seems he just doesn't quite suit De Zerbi, even so, quite likely he will have a higher value than the fee agreed before he went there.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Bundesliga isnt what it used to be. I dont know who his goals have come against so might be wrong, but there's quite a few poor teams in that league. Kane is obviously a great striker but he's going to smash his best Prem goals tally.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Bundesliga isnt what it used to be. I dont know who his goals have come against so might be wrong, but there's quite a few poor teams in that league. Kane is obviously a great striker but he's going to smash his best Prem goals tally.
You are right. I like the Bundesliga for it’s entertaining football and fan culture etc but the technical quality is not that high. Being one of the leading scorers in that league is not taken as seriously as it used to be.

We don’t need Undav. A couple of good finishes at the end of last season has left a favourable impression on many but he’s not really good enough for us and showed that in most of his games last season.

Besides, he’s a poacher who doesn’t offer anything else and we’ve already got two better natural finisher’s who don’t offer much else at the moment in Ferguson and Fati, we don’t need another.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I’m very much pro-Undav and would love to see him back with us, but I just don’t feel he was getting enough minutes to want to come back. Add to that what seemed to be some sort of ongoing personal difficulty which I’m not going to speculate on, but may have been made tougher by being far from home, and sadly I think his future probably lies elsewhere.

The thought saddens me a bit, but I cheer myself up with the thought that I was very pro-Maupay when he was here, and so I probably know bugger all about football. :albion2:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You are right. I like the Bundesliga for it’s entertaining football and fan culture etc but the technical quality is not that high. Being one of the leading scorers in that league is not taken as seriously as it used to be.

We don’t need Undav. A couple of good finishes at the end of last season has left a favourable impression on many but he’s not really good enough for us and showed that in most of his games last season.

Besides, he’s a poacher who doesn’t offer anything else and we’ve already got two better natural finisher’s who don’t offer much else at the moment in Ferguson and Fati, we don’t need another.
I would say a poacher is exactly what we need.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012

He was on fire at the end of last season, and we need all the players we can get at the moment,
when given a run in the team he showed what a good player He was , scored some great goals

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Maybe the lower teams are worse than PL?

But Dortmund in 4th comfortably outclassed Newcastle both home and away in CL. Plus they also get 4 CL spots, which shows UEFAs deemed strength of the league.

Undav is scoring for the team in 3rd place. Not to be sniffed at.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here